First Strike of The Black Angel

(Cover art done by Edward Miller)

 Later on that evening while the team was out on patrol together as a group Nyreena looked like she was in a bit of a fog which concerned the others quite a bit. Hoping to break her out of it Danny floated over next to her and shaking her shoulder he asked, "Uh, Nyreena? Ghost Zone to Nyreena, are you in there?"

Not hearing him at first Nyreena remained silent but finally hearing him she shook her head a few times and looking over she answered, "Huh? Did you say something, Danny? I'm sorry if I missed it."

Looking at the others then back at Nyreena Sam asked, "Are you feeling okay? Ever since you joined up with us after your dance class you've been a bit...distant. Did something...happen while you were there this afternoon?"

Really not sure how her friends would understand about her meeting the Phantom Nyreena quickly thought for a few moments then answered, "Oh, well, it's that I finally found the right kind of music for my dance for the recital. Though it's only a week away to the show I finally managed to find it."

Unsure about her answer Tucker decided to go along with it and replied, "That's great. At least now it's one less thing to worry about and one more thing to get excited for, right?"

Nodding in agreement Nyreena said, "Yeah, that's true. Now that I finally have my song I can relax and just focus on making my performance the best it can possibly be. You guys are coming by the way, right? It would mean so much for all of you to come and see it."

Giving her a reassuring smile Danny said, "Of course. We wouldn't miss seeing your dance and showing our support for our friend. Besides, we all got our tickets the moment they went on sale right after you told they were. We wouldn't skip out on this for the world. Right guys?"

The others nodding in agreement Sam replied, "No way possible. Don't worry Nyreena, we'll be right there in the audience rooting for you all the way."

Very happy that her friends had her back Nyreena said, "Thanks guys. Knowing that you'll be there makes things a lot easier to handle." As they moved along a strange started to fill Nyreena and it troubled her, making her stop mid-air and try to figure out what was troubling her. The others noticing that she had stopped and turning around to rejoin her Danny asked, "Hey, are you alright? You've got that certain look when you're sensing something bad."

Still trying to figure it out Nyreena looked over and answered, "I'm not entirely sure. I was just flying along when it hit me and I've been trying to figure out what's causing it." Wondering what to do about that Tucker suggested, "Do you want to try following it and see if it leads to where it's at?"

Seeing it as a good idea Nyreena nodded and focused her senses and tried to hone in on where the feeling was coming from. When she thought that she had something she said to the others while pointing in a certain direction, "I think I got it. It's coming from somewhere in that direction."

Looking at where she was pointing Danny nodded and said, "Cool. You take the lead and show us where to go then we'll split up and look around to see what's causing the trouble."

Nodding in reply Nyreena flew ahead while the others followed behind, making their way over to a building that didn't seem suspicious in the least. Everyone looking at each other in confusion as to why they were led there they dismissed it and set about looking around the place; Tucker looking around the ouside while Danny and Sam phasing inside to search and Nyreena going up to the room to check things out.

 As she landed on the roof and started to look around Nyreena kept on her guard in case there was something, or someone, on the roof as well that had a dark intention. And right she was for being cautious for indeed someone was there as well that was the reason for the ill sense she was feeling. While she continued to slowly look around her newly gained "shadow" was silently following her movements, waiting for the right moment to surprise her. As for who the shadow was it was a young man that looked slightly older than she was with shoulder-length silver blonde hair, wearing a deep red shirt unbuttoned from the middle down to bare his chest underneath a black jacket with matching pants and boots, a black half-faced mask resting on the left half of his face, a red-lined black collared cape, and a rapier with a human skull-shaped hilt strapped to his waist. Watching her look over every inch of the roof he couldn't help but admire her determination to find something and it made him smirk a little at the prospect of what she was going to find.