Chapter 4: Ice Cream Boss!

Chapter 4

 “Aileen, may you please come to my office?” the intercom spoke.

 “What did you do this time?” Lexi smirked.

 “I’ll tell you about it later.” I picked up my notebook and headed out.

 I entered the front office and nodded at the sectary. Yeah, the sectary and I are on a first name basis since I’m always here and she’s probably the only fun person to talk to. She pointed at the principal door and shook her head laughing. I walked right in , knowing that there’s no point in knocking.

 “Hey Ken, what do you need me for? Wait, don’t answer that question.”

 “Aileen, what did I tell you about calling my first name?” Ken attempted to hide his smile.

 “You said that I have to call you Mr.Ken, but they you would sound like barbie’s boyfriend or whatever so I’m going to call you Ken.”

 “Yeah yeah, anyways I called you up because a group of girls that just transferred told me that you put snapping turtles in the girl’s bathroom.” Ken said amused.

 “Aww come on Ken, you know it’s always me!” I chuckled.

 “I admit the prank is funny but, now I have to pay for their medical bills.” Ken suddenly became serious.

 “I’ll pay for their damages but you have to pay to get the snapping turtles out, alright?”

 “Sorry Aileen, this time I have to let you do community service. So your punishment is to become friends with the new students. Show them around; let them go to you parties. Just something to make them feel welcome and fitted in”

  “Grrr, whatever you say Ken. They should know me first alright. Oh and you should warn them about me.” I smiled.

 “Thanks Aileen, oh and trust me I already warned them about you or they heard it from other students. Anyways, I want you to focus on Darius Walker. I have a feeling you two would get along, since he already caused a fight just when he started this morning.”

 “Ken! Please don’t pair me up with him. I have my reasons, so please anybody but Darius” I pouted.

 “Sorry Aileen” Ken pushed me out the door where Darius was waiting.

 Darius had a bloody nose but then again, that was pretty impressive. Nobody could get a single scratch on Darius but I guess the kid got lucky.

 “Darius.” I pointed him out.

 “Aileen? You’re talking t-to me?” he stuttered.

 I took out a tissue and handed to him. Sure I hate the guy but I’m not heartless. Well, not entirely heartless but back to the point. I’m not mean like that, yeah the scene yesterday with my sis made me looks heartless but that’s who I am.

“Thanks” he took the tissue and wiped the blood away.

 “No problem. Anyways I’m only talking to you because I’m on punishment and I have to make you feel welcomed” I air quoted welcomed.

 “So we’re heading to my bedroom then” Darius winked.

 “No, not that welcomed stupid. We’re going to skip and get some ice cream. Haven’t had chocolate in a while”

 “Sounds cool to me.”

 I nodded at the sectary telling her I’m skipping the whole day. She nodded back and smiled at the two of us. I pushed the door, breaking the lock on the way. Looks like Ken has to keep buying locks due to me. Oh well, pay back is a bitch.

 “So where is the ice cream shop?” Darius tried breaking the awkward silence.

 “Just a few minutes away, all we have to do is walk a little. What big bad Alpha can’t walk that far?” I did a baby voice.

 “I can walk fine, thank you for asking” he scowled.

 I smirked knowing that I burned his ego a little bit. I dislike boys who are too overly cocky of themselves. Sure I can be cocky but I’m a girl. I can get away with being arrogant.

 I walked into Richard’s frozen sweetness and waved at Richard. Richard is the manager of this place. He’s in his 20’s with redish-brown hair and dark black eyes. He’s super fun to hang out with and he always gives me free ice cream.

 “Hey Aileen, long time no see. You’ve been busy with pack duties?” Richard smiled.

 “Yeah, being beta and all is harder than I thought it would be. Oh well pack duties are meant to be that way” I shrugged.

 “I noticed, the bags under your eyes tell everything. How about I make you and your friend there your favorite? It’s on the house like usual” Richard smiled worriedly.

 “How come you never let me pay Richard? I got a whole bunch of money that I don’t have time to use anyways. Is it because you’re scared of your own beta?” I smirked.

 “A little bit of that but you always seem tired and you’re like a daughter to me. I love spoiling my daughter” Richard laughed.

 “Reminds me, how is your wife and my fsvorite kid?”

 “They’re fine, Susan being the trouble maker she is. Oh crap! Reminds me also, Katie and I are going out this weekend to the Bahamas and we don’t have a babysitter. Would you please take care of Susan?” Richard pouted.

 “Of course! I love lil Susan. It’s hard to put her to bed but, otherwise she’s well behaved”

 “Thank you so much, now go enjoy your ice cream because I think your friend over there is getting hungry” Richard pointed at Darius.

 I stared at Darius funnily while he was messing with the little chimes on the door. Well jeez, if he was that bored he should’ve just left. Rude much?

 “Yo doofus, here’s your ice cream. Best ice cream in the world.”

 “You’re exaggerating.” Darius rolled his eyes and we sat down by the window.

 I took out my phone to see his reaction when he tastes the ice cream. Darius dropped the spoon and literally started crying. I burst out laughing.

 “Told yah so! If only you would believe me.”

 I took a spoonful and put it in my mouth. I moaned at the rich chocolate and vanilla melting into my mouth.

 “I love that sound” Darius winked at me.

 I kicked him from under the table and got a satisfied groan.

 “Aileen, where are you?” Evan cried out in mind-link.

 “On punishment, Ken said I have to take Darius around and make him feel at home. So right now we’re at the best ice cream shop ever!”

 “Stay safe okay? Tell Richard to lock up the place and put on security. I heard that there’s a new pack in town. Not really a real pack but more like a bunch of rouges stuck together.”

 “Alright, we’ll be heading home soon, love you hun.”

 “Love you too” Evan said and I put my barrier on again.

 “Richard, Evan told you to put on security now because there’s a new pack in town and they’re made up of rouges. Becareful, okay? Stay safe.” I gave him a tip and kissed his cheek.

 Darius growled when he saw how close Richard and I was. I turned around and glared at him. What was his problem, he acted like he owned me. I will only be owned by Evan. Of course till he finds his mate but till then. I growled back, making sure that Richard isn’t a threat.

 Darius grabbed me and kissed me full on. Feeling chills going on my back, the tingles on my arm and the warmth on my lips. It felt right but he doesn’t deserve anything from me. I pushed him away and felt tears roll down my cheeks.

 “I will not fall for him, he is a jerk. Remember the torture, the pain, the suffering he put you through.” I reminded myself and ran away from this place.