Chapter Five Rivendell

You run after Gandalf as fast as you can, but your left leg is playing up. Thorin notices how you are lagging behind and comes over and puts his arm around your waist, "Come on Naur, you can do it!" he says in a slightly fearful voice,

Gandalf leads you behind a rock waiting for Radagast to lead the warg pack away. Radagast comes flying past, shouting insults at the wargs to make them even more angry. He is obviously enjoying himself! One if the wargs splits off from the pack, he begins to sniff aware of a different smell. The yellow eyed warg comes to the rock you are hiding behind. Thorin nods to Fili who immediately jumps away from the rock and shoots an arrow at the warg hitting it in the leg. Screeching in pain, it crumbles to the ground. The dwarves jump forward and kill the warg with their axes! The warg pack, hearing his cries, stop following Radagast and turn, looking in your direction.

Gandalf shouts, "RUN!!! They have seen us, follow me we aren't far now!"

"Far from what Gandalf?" Thorin asks, Gandalf just ignores the question and shouts for everyone to run again. You run up to a large bolder and Gandalf disappears behind it, the pack slowly closes in since they now have you surrounded. You draw your sword and the dwarves pull out their weapons too. Just as the wargs are only a couple of meters away Gandalf bursts out from behind the bolder, "This way you fools!" he shouts while gesturing to a hole underneath the rock.

Everyone clamors down into the hole. Just then you hear a horn resounding over the plain.

"I can't see where the path at the back of the cave leads... do we follow it?" Dwalin asks,

"Follow it, of course." Bofur answers quickly.

                                                                                           *****

                                                                        [At the end of the path]

You walk out of the close compact cave and into the sunlight. The sun is so bright everyone just stands in it's rays for a couple of seconds, before their eyes adjust and they see a beautiful city before them. Imladris! How... why, I won't go back.. I WONT!!! He will try send me back to Thranduil... NO. Your smile fades.

"So this was your plan all along? to take us to our enemy." Thorin growls,

"You will find no enemies here, Thorin." Gandalf sighs,

"You think they will let us leave?" Thorin says,

"No, not at all, I think they will try to stop you. But we have questions that need answers and they are the only ones who can answer them." Gandalf counsels, "This venture will need smooth talking, and no small bit of charm.... you will leave the talking to me, Thorin."

Thorin can't argue with Gandalf's wise words, so he sighs. Gandalf leads the rest of the company towards Rivendell, with you lagging behind. As you walk though the front gate, a kind looking elf descends the stairs and starts speaking to Gandalf in elvish, " Ai mellon, na- hir Elrond hi?" [Hail friend, is Lord Elrond here?] Gandalf consults,

" Baw ho na- ú-" [No he is not] the elf replies,

" Mi na- ho?" [Where is he?] Gandalf asks,

As if to reply to Gandalf's question a horn sounds behind you, the dwarves clump up together in a circle weapons facing out and backs facing in. You immediately jump past the elf and run into Rivendell. No, I won't be caught NO, I won't be sent back to Thranduil, I am not his Pet or His Property.... I would rather die.

                                                                          [Gandalf's POV]

I turn round and hear the horn. a smile crosses my face. Elrond can read the moon runes on the map. I notice a suddenly a look of fear pasted onto Naur's face as she pushes past the elf standing on the stairs and runs into Rivendell. Why would she run away from Elrond..... Sigh, I forgot about Naur's "Encounter" with the elves.... she probably knows that Elrond would send her back..

                                                                        [NaurTinu's POV]

You rush through the city and hide in the cave behind the waterfall. You start to cry, as memories you tried so hard to forget come flooding back. The day I was captured..... the countless years I was tortured...... the day I finally broke.... the day that I was used to wipe out an entire city of men..... they were rebels.... but I can't bear the fact that I wiped out thousands of men... and that the men weren't even evil they just wanted to start a new empire and take back the barrow-downs.... After you had cried for about four hours you hear a kind and familiar voice, "Hello Naur, can I come into your cave?"

You mumble a yes.

"Are you okay?" Arwen says softly,

"I'm not okay." you sob,

"Do you mind changing back to your elf form for me?" Arwen soothes,

You didn't even know you had changed form, so you quickly change back.

"There we go, much better." Arwen says taking you in her arms, Arwen was the only elf who thought of you as a free being to be allowed to live free. You two had a strong relationship, she was the only one who knew about your little cave behind the waterfall.

You hear her gently singing a lullaby. You fall asleep in Arwen's arms, knowing you are safe for now.