Moving In

Lilly and Michelle grew up in the country and have visited the big city only once or twice. Michelle always had her head in fashion magazines and online looking for the next big thing. Lilly only ever looked up at the sky and saw a prince among the clouds. "Lilly" Michelle's sweet voice danced across the small bedroom over to where Lilly was sat on her bed looking through the sky light, opposite to hers. "Yes Mikey?" Lilly asked. Michelle's lips pursed at the nick name she hated so much. "You know I hate it when you call me that!" The voice that had just flowed like a river was now like a waterfall, crashing and splashing forcefully. "Anyways, Mama and Papa said that I can move to the city only if I bring you with me. They even offered to pay for a nice penthouse apartment near the school we would go to." Michelle continued on only to be interrupted by a shriek let out by Lilly "Mikey! I know you've always dreamed, but why should I follow you all the way to the city!" Michelle was taken a back. she had never heard Lilly shout so loud before. Lilly was quite and reserved, while Michelle was in charge and always knew what to do. No matter how much Lilly refused to go, Mama and Papa agreed that it would be good for the girls to try and live on their own.

Michelle and Lilly spent the next few days packing and saying their good byes to all that they had known. After packing the two went and got into the car. Michelle was old enough to drive, but Lilly was a year younger so she could not. Lilly was always terrified of getting in the car whilst Michelle was driving. Michelle was always quite aggressive, not only in driving but in the rest of her life. Lilly was the quite and reserved and Michelle seemed like Lilly but was the complete opposite. One of the things Lilly would miss most about living in the country was he pet rabbit Latte. The two girls both had pet rabbits, but Lilly took care of both. Latte was Lilly's and Mocha was Michelle's. Whenever Lilly was sad she would go and sit with the rabbits in their spacious cage she had made for the two buns out of an old dog pen. With many pictures and even two look alike stuffed animals of Latte and Mocha Lilly shed a final tear as the city grew closer by the kilometer.

Michelle was blasting the radio as Lilly tried to get a little nap in, but by the time she was finally able to get a wink of sleep she was awoken by Michelle screaming on the top of her lungs "We're here!" Lilly thought Michelle was about to crash the car into a building. With her heart beating as fast as possible Lilly managed to unbuckle the seat belt and steal the keys to her new home in the a giant apartment building standing in front of her.

The foyer was gorgeous. The walls were covered in large mirrors and hanging in the middle was a marvelous chandelier. Lilly had never seen something so magnificent and expensive in her life. Strung with pearls and diamonds the chandelier shined brighter than the sun. Michelle was to busy asking where the elevator was and how they would get their things up to the room. The man dressed up like a butler was stood by the door patiently waiting for Michelle to finish her nervous questions. Lilly was to busy admiring the foyer to realize there was a tall handsome man stood in front of her. "Oh why hello there sir" squeaked a nervous Lilly. The tall man giggled a little at the short beautiful girl blushing at the sight of him. "Hi i'm Justin, nice to meet you. You must be the new neighbors moving in just next door, do you need help moving in? You look like you could use some help." Justin asked looking over Lilly's shoulder, at all the luggage the two girls had packed and put in the car this morning. "Yes please" Lilly stuttered. Michelle had gotten all her questions answered and had just noticed the boy as handsome as a quartz stone. Michelle quickly ran over and introduced herself, playing with her short hair.

Justin helped move all the luggage up to the penthouse stopping at the door. Lilly and Michelle were confused as to why Justin had stopped. After asking him what was wrong, they realized Justin was to much of a gentle men to come into two young girls room with out permission from both girls first. Lilly turned an embarrassing shade of red. She felt her heart pounding faster and faster at just the thought of how perfect Justin was. All three took off their shoes to make sure that the carpets and wood floors would stay clean. Michelle had managed to sneak her things into the largest bedroom, when asked she said she needed all the room for all her things and makeup. Lilly didn't mind. All she had packed was her laptop, pictures, her stuffed animal collection and all her clothes. Other than that all she had was the money her parents sent with her to get her on her feet.

Justin left shortly after moving all the luggage into the room. Lilly walked into the second bedroom. In her opinion this was the better room anyways. This room had access to the roof top garden just for this suite. There was a large window on one wall, one had an enormous walk in closet. Lilly scoffed to herself. She would never be able to fill up the closet with clothes.

The apartment came fully furnished. All the furniture was white and grey, just how Michelle said it would be. There was a desk, a bed, and two small nightstands on either side of the king sized bed.

If one was to look at Lilly you would never expect that she came from a very wealthy family. Her Papa owned the apartment chain they were staying in. Papa worked very hard to try and keep the girls modest, so he moved the family to the country side to stay in a medium sized house.

Lilly was drained. All she wanted to do was lie down on the bed and sleep until morning, but she also knew there was so much to do that it would be very impractical to sleep now. She decided to explore the rooftop garden first. She walked up the wooden stair case, which lead to a glass double door. When Lilly stepped out onto the concrete roof. There was two rows of planter boxes filled with beautiful roses of all colours roses came in. There was also something Lilly would have never expected to see. A small zen garden at the back. Lilly walked on the cold concrete bare footed and went straight to the zen garden, despite being near the edge of the roof, the fence was tall enough to make sure that any one who went up there was safe. There was a small note placed in the garden. It read "Lilly, I know how much you like the look of zen gardens, so I put one up here for you. The tools to keep both gardens alive and well are in a cupboard in the den. Love Mama and Papa." Lilly started to well up with tears. She crouched onto her hands and feet. Tears fell from her face down onto the ground and on her boyfriend style jeans. She missed Mama and Papa already.

Lilly wiped away the tears, telling herself their was still so much to do. She walked back down stairs, shivering from the cold wind. Walking from her bedroom to the bathroom, Lilly splashed her face with cold water. Looking into the mirror she saw, her face. She had a very proportional face. Her brown almond shaped eyes seemed to be placed at just the right spots, her nose was ever so perfectly curved slightly up words. The only thing that seemed off about her face was her mouth. It seemed just the tiniest bit to small. She had very full and plump lips, her mouth just seemed to short. Her hair was belly button length and a light brown, almost blonde. Lilly almost always had the top section pulled up some how, just to get it out of the way. Lilly walked over to the luxurious bathtub and started drawing a hot bath for when she was done. Following turning on the water, Lilly left the bathroom and ran into Michelle stood leaning over the counter ordering a pizza for the two. It had turned out Lilly spent a much longer time crying on the roof than she had thought. The man dressed like a butler from earlier had come up and help unpack. Since the girls didn't have much other than clothes and tech to unpack it was quite easy. The butler man had already left by the time Lilly had got down stairs. Michelle hung up the Phone,

"Hey! were where you? I was looking all over for you for an hour or two? I was so worried, by the way everything is unpacked except for your things. I didn't know where to put your stuff so I left it alone." Michelle said

"I was up on the roof. Thanks for doing that, I'm going to go have a bath soon. Did we pack the bath bombs?" Lilly replied and asked

"Yeah they should be in one of the drawers in the bathroom." Michelle asked licking her lips waiting for the pizza to arrive. 

Lilly went to the bathroom, thinking about Justin and about her sister Mikey. Mikey was tall and in charge. She too was beautiful, similar to Lilly, but her mouth was just right. She had some very rough and dry skin after putting on and taking off makeup for such a long time. Lilly was surprised she didn't have spots all over. Mikey's hair was shoulder length. It suited her better. Despite being sisters, Michelle had straight hair and Lilly had wavy hair. Lilly sank a little in the tub, just so that her nose would be under the water. Justin was tall and handsome. Everything about him was perfect. His eyes were a little small, but they seemed to be just right for his face. His hair was fairly long and swept up. His dark black hair and blue eyes made you feel like you were lost at sea, but there was a familiar friend with you at all times. As Lilly soaked, the bath bomb had fizzed and disappeared. Tomorrow the girls would  have the day to go buy dinnerware, food and stationary. Lilly was excited. Shopping for stationary was her favourite. Lilly drained the water after the bath had gone cold and she was done thinking. She toweled off and went to her bedroom. Lilly changed into sleep shorts and a camisole. She went to bed without eating, how could she eat after going into such deep thought in the tub.