Extension(I)

"We'll be together forever. Right, [Name]-Chan?~"  

You smiled happily at the picture you two had just taken. It felt so strange seeing those faces; they definitely weren't as young and innocent as they used to be but who cares? You finally had your best friend back!! Or, So you hoped anyways. The cruel reality had hit you then; what if Prompto no longer felt the same way he once did about you? Sure you still freaking cared but what if--

"So, what now?" You asked softly as you went back to eating. Everyone must have been anticipating those words because in that instant, all grew silent. You looked at each of them, shifting your eyebrows from right to left as you did.

"What the heck guys! Say something!"

"What would you want us to say?" Ignis questioned.

"Something? Anything?"

"[Name], if you had planned on coming with us, you can forget it. It's too dangerous. What if something happens to you?" Noctis spoke up in an annoying brotherly tone.

"Hm..If something happens to me.." Pretend thinking, Pretend thinking. "Oh! I know!! I'd kick the ass of whatever just tried to kill me!" You grinned sarcastically and followed it up with a feigned girlish chuckle.

"[Name]. Seriously. Out there we can't be responsible for you. You've already come this far and found Prompto. It'll be best if you head back home now." Gladiolus, the EVER rational one, says.

Head home?! Go back? Are they out of their freaking minds?! You asked yourself before laughing softly but the laugh faded when you saw the serious look on all of their faces. "Guys, you're kidding.."

Glances around again.

"You're...NOT kidding." You ran your fingers through your (hair colour) hair with a tiny sigh before getting just a hint more profound. "You too Prompto?"

Prompto caught a stare from Noctis then gave you an affirming nod. He had already long told Noctis that there was no way in Hell they'd take you with them, So why was Noctis looking at him like that? He hadn't changed his mind since the past few moments they had spoke.

"Wow. I finally get the chance to see you all again; I finally get to reunite with you and you guys are pushing me away...real chivalrous guys." You gave a faint 'heh' laugh as you forced a smile. Damnit had that hurt and it wasn't just the smile. Your cheeks stung from the familiar feeling but you had grown to learn how to make it all work despite the nagging pinching.

"Just go home huh? And what if I have no home to return to? Rhetorically."

"Then, we'll entrust your safety to someone else." Gladiolus has opened his mouth once again. "You understand that we're doing this to keep you safe? No one knows what we'll run into out there."

"...Right..." You feel silent and let your smile facade drop into a blank, melancholy. "If that's the case, then leave. I wouldn't want to hold you back from your "mission". I'd rather spend out my days here than go back."

"Why don't you want t-"

"Cuz..." You instantly cut off Ignis, showing very little care for his somewhat concerned look. "Eh, why are you guys still here? Get going already! You said I can't come...I get it. Now leave." You huffed then mumbled. "So much for happy endings..."

Just keep it up. Almost there.

Prompto narrowed his eyes down on you; can't help but feeling as if he knew that pouting face better than what it was letting on. Catching Prompto's gaze, you quickly attempt to hide your face behind your hair and hands.

Don't sell yourself short. Almost there.

"Fine. Since you'll be here, once everything's done, we'll be back." Noctis declared as he rose up; his small band doing the same, filing out with their leader all while giving a series of good-byes and waves.

GONE! Finally.

As soon as they were out of earshot, you sighed loudly, drawing the attention of a few of the other patrons. Like hell you were gonna stay here. What good would that do you? Besides, you didn't even know if your dojo would get ANY business from the time that you've been gone.

"Just when he said we'd be together forever. Stupid, inconsiderate..." Silence. Groan. "Man I'm in love with with." You allowed your face to slip from your hands and bang on the table before pulling yourself together and paying for the meals.

"Wait a minute..." You muttered as you stood to your feet. "THEY OWE ME MONEY!"

That's as good as any reason to follow them right? I-It totally wasn't because you wanted to prove to them that you were a kick-ass chick or that you wanted Prompto to carry out his promise!! Heavens no!! Sarcasm, beautiful ain't It?

All according to plan, right? Grinning excitedly you took off for your car. They couldn't have gotten that far and it wasn't like you didn't know how to hack into their phone or car's GPS! The power of technology could be so beautiful sometimes, don't you think? Night or not, you were doing what you wanted and no beast or mileage was going to change that. Once you had logged into their GPS, you started up your car and drove off, barely able to contain your excitement. As soon as you found Prompto again, you'd definitely give him that beating you had promised yourself.