Chapter Nine

I was so completely enveloped into the kiss that I wasn’t thinking clearly. Before I knew it we were in his room and he was removing my shirt. I had to place a hand on his to stop him. He looked at me, clearly confused, and I was arguing with myself for what to say next.

“I can’t do this.” The words had left my lips before I’d had time to process what I was saying. He seemed cautious but he removed his hand and took a step back to look at me.

“What’s wrong?” What was wrong? Everything was wrong. I’d just seen him kissing our teacher I couldn’t just forgive him like that.

“What’s wrong? Miss. Flack just left your house. You probably just had sex with her in this freaking bed. What the hell was that? She’s our teacher!”

“Okay first of all Caroline and I didn’t have sex.”

“Caroline? So you guys are on a first name basis now?”

“Yeah, well no. Look I didn’t know what was going on with our photography project because you and I haven’t been talking so I invited her over.”

“To have sex with her.”

“No! We didn’t sleep together, she came over she told that I could go about the project individually if I wanted and she helped me out with some ideas, that was it!”

“Are you freaking kidding me? I saw you kiss her!”

“That was just, a spare of the moment thing...” His eyes fell; he was clearly out of fight.

“What do you mean?” I had to admit I was tired of all the yelling too.

“I mean, she kept flirting I guess, and I wasn’t really interested but when she said goodbye she kind of leant in and... I didn’t stop her. I’m so sorry.”

I could tell that he was sorry, and for a moment I felt bad for getting upset. I didn’t have the right to be upset, it’s not like we were a couple.

“Don’t be sorry, it’s not like we’re a couple.” When I looked back up at him he was smirking, his left dimple showing.

“You say that like it’s some crazy stupid idea.”

“Yeah, that’s because it is. I hardly even know you. I know almost nothing about you.”

“Oh come on that’s not true, don’t you remember our extremely long conversation we had over that bottle of Jim?”  We were both talking quite playfully now; I enjoyed the lightness my mood had taken too.

“Barely!” We were both giggling now and Harry took a step towards me, his arms finding their way to my waist. He bent his head so that his forehead was leaning on mine, and his nose touching mine.

“I’ll tell you anything you want to know if you give me the chance.”

The idea of an actual relationship was a crazy one, I’d never had one before, and I didn’t even know how to be a girlfriend.

“I’ve never had a boyfriend before; I don’t know anything about relationships.”

A smile played on his lips while a seemingly long pause passed before he opened his mouth to talk.

“Neither do I, but you make me want to learn.” I knew exactly what he was talking about, from the moment I’d seen him I had felt attraction towards him, he was so genuine and he always gave off the impression of the sort of person you would want a relationship with. There was no more holding back, I had no reason to fight. The past was the past and it could stay the past, nothing, and no one was going to ruin this for me. I pulled his head down to mine, our lips moving rhythmically against one another before I felt him lift my legs until they were securely around his waist. I was gently laid down on the bed before unwrapping myself from him. I’d had sex a ton of times before, but being nervous was so new to me.