Chapter Five

By the time the end of the day had come round I had a ton of homework. After ending the day with English I had asked Charlotte to come over and study with me. She had seemed pretty keen and I was glad to finally be getting close to someone in such a way again. During class I managed to tell her about all the events that had occurred after English yesterday, the getting concussed, missing all my classes, and the interesting green eyed boy. When she asked his name she instantly knew who I was talking about, apparently he was best friends with her ex boyfriend.  She told me all about her ex, Jason his name was. He attended a different school but that was never an issue, she found out that he had been cheating on her with multiple people and as a result he had broken her heart. She reckoned that Harry was always an odd choice of friend for Jason as the two were polar opposites. Charlotte and I talked about all sorts that period and had to contain our laughter so many times because we were ‘disrupting the class’ all that was happening was reading, a book both her and I had already read, Northanger Abbey. I loved having a friend to talk about all my books with, she understood everything like I had and I our minds were just so similar.

While walking to the car I told Charlotte that some minivan kept parking in my spot and that I was hoping to catch the driver.  As soon as I said that she started to crack up laughing.

“Oh yeah, I know the one! I’ve ridden in it before.”

”Well why on earth have they chosen to take up my spot? Why do they even own a freaking minivan?” I didn’t care who it was at this point I just wanted my spot back; I didn’t want to go through another day of wiping leaves off my windshield.

“So whose is it then?” I said as we reached the parking lot, luckily the van still there so I could still talk to this person.

“Well they have a minivan because they have a fairly large group of friends.” She said while pointing to a large group of people walking towards the car.

When I saw the familiar faces I felt guilty for trashing the car. Sure enough there stood Harry, Niall, Louis, Liam, Zayn, Alice, and Rose. When Harry and Niall spotted me they came running over hugging me tightly, they were overly friendly people but in the best way possible. I felt awkward when I remembered Charlotte was just standing there and made sure to introduce her even though I was in prior knowledge that Harry already knew her.

“Charlie! I haven’t seen you in so long.” Harry gave her one of his friendly hugs too before whispering something in her ear.

“Yeah, he’s an asshole I don’t even care anymore honestly, its fine.” Suddenly realising what Harry must have whispered about I felt sickly, there really were some guys out there who were complete jerks, my body shivering at the thought of Ryan.

Out of nowhere Charlotte just started laughing again. “Raven has some feedback she would like to give you on your parking.” Remembering the way I had planned to confront the minivan owner I felt my cheeks heat up, still If I could get my spot back that would make life just that tiny bit simpler.

“Oh yeah, well your new parking spot kind of happens to be my old one. That’s my car over there.” I said pointing out my shiny blue Toyota. When I looked at Harry he was looking at my leaf covered car with a sympathetic glance.

“That spot sucks, I’m sorry, I’ll park somewhere different tomorrow.” I shared him a thankful smile while looking round to see the rest of the group all stood waiting out the car for Harry, Niall now having already joined them.

“My pack calls! I’ll see you two round.” Harry started to jog off before turning around eyes wide with anticipation.

“Why don’t you guys join us? We were just going to go study at my place.” Charlotte and I both turned to look at each other both sharing a knowing glance.