one

CHAPTER 1.
Ella's point of view

I held Conner closer to my chest and patted he's small back. Cries filled the room as I continued to soothe the small six-year-old child. Conners twin sister, Sydney was asleep at this moment and I wanted to keep it that way.

"Conner please is okay. It's just a dream, it's not real honey." I patted his back and laid him back down on his small bed. He gave a small nod finally agreeing with me. Playing with his hair I pushed it back and gave him a small kiss on his forehead. "Goodnight Conner." I head a mumbled reply in return.

I closed the children's door and made my way down the long stairs to the open kitchen and lounge. The room was warm and the television was on and playing some old 70's show. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and walked over to the lounge and laid down.

I'm Ella and I babysit one of my dad's old boss' Mr Styles or Harry's children almost every day. This happened about a year ago, I was seventeen and introduced to the family. The children were five at the time and were very shy around me. Mr Styles of course, dad's old boss and his gorgeous wife Madison.

They are a super wealthy family. Mr Styles owns something, I think he said it was a publishing company. It's fancy I hear, I've never been myself but I believe everyone. Maddison also own a company of her own, she runs a fashion line. I wish I had my own fashion line. The only problem with her though is that she is a rude woman and doesn't really seem to like her husband very much. Well, that's what I see.

I pull a blanket from the end of the couch up to my chin and lay my head on a soft pillow. You'd think being rich you could buy the comfiest couch, but no. I closed my eyes for a little, it was only 9 o'clock but I was so tired. I've been here since 1 in the afternoon. It was a long day, we went to the park, played at home in their play room doing some drawings; I cooked some pasta for them that I know they liked and I got a perfect score of ten out of ten on it.

I heard the front door open but I was too weak to even move or open my eyes to welcome home the parents. I was so close to falling asleep as well but the sound of heels tapping made me cringe. I heard Madison whisper shouting to Harry. I tried not to move or make any sounds, I just listened in.

"You think you are loved by everyone don't you Harry! You think everything revolves around you hey?" Madison cried out. I heard a bang of a door and Mr Style's loud footsteps making his way into the kitchen. "Look at me when I'm speaking to you." She spoke louder.

"I can't look at you right now. Just go please I can't even stand your presence right now Madison." I heard the sound of glass clinking and water running. I frowned my eyebrows when I heard her loud stomps up the stairs. She better not wake her children up.

I moved around to be on my side and then realised what I did. I heard Mr Styles make his way into the lounge now and I could feel eyes on me. I didn't move. "Are you awake Ella?" I heard him ask me.

Opening my eyes slowly I looked up and met his eyes and slowly sat myself up. "I promise I wasn't trying to listen to that I was actually trying to sleep." I explained. He just took a big breath in and out and then sat on the coffee table looking at the water in his hands.

"It's a hard thing you know? Being married. She was amazing back in her days always bright and cheerful." He started; it was hard to imagine her like that. "After having children, she distanced herself, she didn't want them I knew it. I wanted them; I love my children." He didn't look up. I shuffled uncomfortably.

"Now that they are growing up so fast, I feel like I'm missing so much family time with Madison being around. She is always fighting with me. Taking the children to her parents for weekends while I'm stuck at work. I hate being in this big place alone. It's not what I wanted." I could tell he has been drinking just the slightest. I've never really spoken to him like this.

He kind of scares me if I'm honest.

"I just want a happy family!" He raised his voice and put the glass down looking up at me. "You know you are such a beautiful girl and you are so lucky to have a loving family." He weakly smiled. I just looked down again playing with my nails.

"My family isn't perfect too." I spoke up. "No one's life is going to be perfect Mr Styles." I faced him, looking into his beautiful green eyes that I've grown to love deep down.

He didn't speak he just stood up and walked away leaving me in thoughts on the couch. They are more messed up than I thought. I heard steps coming down the stairs and Madison appeared around the corner. She had jeans on and just a plain black long sleeve top. In her hand was a suitcase. Oh my.

"You're leaving again?" Mr Styles said. "Go ahead be my guest, take all your junk and leave." He spat.

"I'm just leaving for a week, I'll let you cool off then maybe I'll come crawling back to you." She snapped and walked off. I stood up now and slipped my shoes on and walked out of the lounge and looked at Mr Styles leaning on the bench.

"I better go." I spoke aloud. He nodded and stayed still. I let myself out of the home and shut the front door and made my way down the street and began to walk. It was cold and I was only in jeans and a top. I don't own a car yet; I mean I will soon I'm just saving.

I finally made it home and walked inside and saw my mother asleep on the couch and my father laying on her lap. My family can be a little crazy but I love them. Stepping into my room and I changed out of my jeans and top and hopped into my pj's and climbed into my small warm bed.

UPDATED

Hi hi hi. Welcome to the first chapter of my story. It's a bit short but I hope you all semi like it or like it. I've been super busy with my life and writing is always an escape but it's hard to write when you are super booked up.

But this is my story and I'll update and write how I want when u want. But I will try to update once or twice a week for you lovely people!!!