one: fresh from the asylum

Start from the beginning

Aizawa sat in the shotgun seat, he looked like he was taking a nap.

The car ride was boring.

All Might kept adjusting the rearview mirror just to make sure I'm not trying anything that would drag suspicion.

I kept my eyes out the window and watched as the view of the city passed. Its been a while since I felt real sunlight on my skin, and it feels great to be out of that ward for more than a few limited minutes.

I moved my finger ever so slightly and saw a young boy's shadow flicker against his own will. The year passed hasn't worn me out, its only gotten me more stable in the head.

"So.. when do I start my classes?"

"After you settle in your dorm, papers of release fixed, and offically enrolled in UA High School. Does that sound about right, Aizawa my friend?"

The dark haired man nodded. "For the mean time, you'll be training with the rest of Class 1-A."

"UA doesn't mess around, huh?" I glanced at the rearview mirror. "I'll say this now, I have every intention of breaking your students in both physical and mental states when it comes down to the battlefield."

All Might smiled to my distaste. "I wouldn't expect less from someone who has mastered their Quirk at an alarming rate."

"Your intel is faulty." I sneered. "I wouldn't use the term 'mastered' if I were you."

"You were five when it started, I'm surprised you're still alive."

I dug my nails into my palm and kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

We arrived in UA High School a few minutes later.

Aizawa exited the car first so I followed his lead.

All Might stayed behind to park around the school.

I stopped my tracks at the entrance of the school. "Won't I trigger the sensors if I walk in?"

Aizawa walked past the entrance casually then threw something over his shoulder.

I caught the ID before it hit the ground.

"Keep that with you at all times."

I picked up my pace with Aizawa and walked beside him into the campus building.

"First order of business, your dormitory. Since your mother is deceased and the whereabouts of your father is still unknown, you don't have a place to stay at after classes." He said. "Your ID is also a keycard to room 408. Textbooks, uniforms, and basic stuff you need as a student is already provided for in your room. Its the building next to the main, just a three minute walk."

I nodded. "Cool."

UA's practically throwing money at me just to keep me happy and domesticated.

"The terrain's a fifteen minute walk from here, you wouldn't mind would you?"

"I've been locked up in an isolated ward for a year, a few minutes won't hurt." I just noticed several UA students turning heads in my direction as I walked by. Even so, I kept my chin up with pride. Just because this is a heroes den doesn't mean I have to lower my head for them.

Aizawa pat my head down. "Play nice."

"Don't tell me what to do!" I swatted his hand away.

It was then we reached the forest clearing. Aizawa told me to wait so I obliged  and walked around the clearing for a few minutes to take in the view. It was nice and all until I started to feel lightheaded.

On instinct I raised a fire wall around me to block out the scent that almost knocked me out. "If you're planning to have me executed, I suggest you piss off."

"DETROIT!" Right from the get-go someone jumped overhead and aimed his fist at me. "SMASH!"

I held out a hand and caught his fist with ease though the wind impact took out several trees around us. It didn't throw me off but it was enough to extinguish my fire wall.

His punch just now.. there is no way in hell Toshinori chose this one.

I slammed the boy into the ground, making sure I broke a rib or two.

Out of nowhere a quick flash rammed me against a few the trees, knocking air out of my lungs.

Smirking, I wiped the blood off the corner of my mouth. "Damn that feels good."

The same four eyes with a fast Quirk attempted to pull a quick one on me again.

I waited until he was inches away and jumped over his head, then kicked a fire streak to his side.

Not a second later someone released a freak ice blast in my direction while I was still in mid air. In the nick of time I pulled out my scythe from thin air and lashed it at the ice, destroying it in the process. I stumbled from the landing and ended up on all fours.

Note to self, improve aerial mobility.

I pushed myself to the side when someone with an explosive Quirk came crashing down where I was just a second ago. He ended up pulverizing my scythe instead.

"So you're the 'Reaper' all these fucktards have been talking about."

"Hope you're not disappointed." I grasped at his shadow then dragged him across the ground. "Because I didn't earn that name on a whim." Its been a while since I used a shadow, it feels different now.

Ice started crawling from the ground until it climbed up to my knees and kept me still. "Ice.. from this range- wait a second! Shouto?" I smiled when the said boy walked out of the smoke. "Wow, you've grown taller! Hard to believe I was taller before."

"Stop talking." He set his left hand on fire then tried to clock me with it. But I redirected his fist and elbowed the crook of his neck, forcing him draw back.

"And you're using your left side now! Neat." I conjured my scythe again and picked at the ice once to shatter it.

"You've never changed, have you? Even after a year in prison."

I froze him where he stood by grasping at half and half bastard's shadow then made my way towards him. "I see you haven't changed either. And technically it was a psychiatric institution." Curious, I touched the redish mark on his left eye. "Though the scar is new to me, what's up with that?"

At the corner of my eye the same explosive boy used his gauntlets to break loose from my grasp then charged at full throttle.

I pushed Shouto down to the ground and took the impact.

"Don't you fucking dare look away, I'm your fight!"

"Don't worry!" I gripped both gauntlets and filled it with hellfire to the point of overriding it. "There's enough of me to go around."

He shoved me back and threw his gauntlets elsewhere. "I can beat you, with or without those shitty bracers."

I smirked, spreading fire to my scythe. "Fine by me."

He was the first one to strike by swinging an explosive fist at my face.

This boy's just oozing with talent and short temperance, perfect for someone with an explosive Quirk. Also, right handed.

I ducked and swiped his feet off the ground, then pressed my blade against his neck. "To think that I'm still holding back at this point."

He grit his jaw. "Uraraka, now!"

I looked up to see a massive boulder hovering above us.

"Release!"