Chapter Six ϟ Like Father, Like Daughter

Start from the beginning

Tears gathered in Moira's eyes before one slipped down her cheek.

"You sounded so much like your father just then."

That was a blow to the chest and both Moira and Brennan knew it. Immediately, after she said it, Moira regretted it, but the words burned into Brennan's skull with a physical searing pain.

However, Brennan shut it off. She was getting good at hiding her emotions. "To which one are you referring to? The one that beat my mother when I was a child, the one that left me behind as he let the city fall to ruins and killed my best friend in the entire world, or the one that tried to get out of the plan, but shot himself so that Oliver could get to safety?"

Brennan began to put her stuff away while she fumed with anger. A small, bitter chuckle left her lips. "As far as I'm concerned Moira, I don't have a father."

Another chuckle left her lips, but this one was more of grief than anger. "As a matter of fact, I don't have a mother either, or any actual family. They all died."

Picking up the pen next to the papers she laid it closer to Moira. "I came her today as a friendly meeting Moira, but I don't actually need your signature to sign you out. So, you can either sign it or I shall take my leave."

Staring up at the broken girl before her Moira realized just how much of a toll Tommy's death took on her. She wasn't the young, ambitious, girl that was always filled with such happiness anymore. She was dull. Her light had burnt out. She was like Oliver.

Moira took one last glance at Brennan before picking up the pen and scribbling her name across the bottom of the page.

ϟ

Brennan had already dropped the papers off at the layers office and a copy of them sat at the bottom of her purse as she headed back to Queen Consolidated to find out what Barry and Felicity was up to.

Her heels clacked against the floor as she walked out of the elevator to find Barry standing in front of a monitor watching the news as Felicity walked around him.

"It's pretty cool right?" 

Brennan caught the last bit of the report on the television giving her insight as to what the two were talking about. "You do know there has been a hundred percent increase since they turned on the large hadron collider." She piped up dropping her bag in a chair and strutting over to them.

" She piped up dropping her bag in a chair and strutting over to them

Barry's eyes lit up as he saw her. She was already awake this morning and out of the hotel before he could ask her if she wanted to get some breakfast. So, he got a coffee and a muffin to go from the bakery across the street from the hotel and headed to Queen Consolidated without her. He was highly confused and curious as to where she was, but Barry knew not to push Brennan. She was like an onion; you had to peel her back a layer at a time.

Now, she stood in front of him in a pair of tight black jeans that fit her figure quite nicely, black ankle booties with a chunky heel, and a burgundy halter, off the shoulder, croptop. She was beautiful and he was having a hard time finding words to come out of his mouth. Luckily, Felicity had some.