happy birthday

"you and me, oh yeah
we're s e a m l e s s"

dear snickerdoodle,

today is the day that you were born, and i couldn't be more grateful for this today.

sixteen years ago today, you were given the gift of life. i know that through the years you have faced many ups and downs. but, you, have always been able to fight your demons. god, i'm so proud you did. you are one of the best people i know, and your insanely beautiful. (like i'm jealous.) and i hope that you are able to come to terms with that.

you have such a sweet soul -- well kinda. you may be a smut enthusiast who can cuss so much a sailor will be jealous, but you are always there for me when i'm down and you stand up for me when needed. you're so selfless when it comes to your friends. and, i know that you don't have to give it a second thought. hell, you've made deals with kelsey in order for her to stop bullying me.

you are the first person i text in the morning, and the last person i text at night. and practically the only person i text throughout the day.

i remember the first time we had a conversation. i requested a one shot (this was before i started writing) and you finally replied to me saying you'd write it -- even tho you never did. well i thought this would be the extent of the conversation. but, then you started telling me about how your brother was hogging the shower. and then i told you how i just got out of my shower and my father was silently judging all the knots in my head. (yes people, our first conversation was about showers and knotty hair.)

but, from this point we just kind of clicked. we pmed everyday, and we just kinda became friends. we would bond over taylor's books, rucas, girl meets world, southern living, football, writing, and oh god the list truly does go on. it has been repeated -- we are one.

then one night you said "goodnight, buttercup" (or something like that). and i was like, no one ever called me that. then you said you would start calling me that, so i figured you needed a nickname. we were able to come up with snickerdoodle, and butterdoodle (the best brotp there is) was born.

the funny thing is, i was just convincing myself that it was ok i hadn't made a friend on wattpad. i had friends on instagram, but them God blessed me with you.

after our endless talks on wattpad, we moved our conversation to kik, eventually moving to text messages. you were my first internet best friend to receive my phone number ya know?

we've been through a lot of shit. but, i want you to know that there is nothing in this world you could possibly do that could cause me to stop loving you. you are my best friend, and i will always be here for you. i'll be here, standing in your corner with each bully that even looks at you. i'll be here helping you with every cold war you decide is necessary. i'll be here exposing the people who steal your plots. i'll be here, consoling you every time you have a doctor's appointment.

but, with that being said, i'll be here for every good thing life brings you. i'll be here when kirk leaves. i'll be here with every 100 followers you gain (i've been here since 400 and i'm ready for 1000). i'll be flying to your wedding bc i don't want to miss the biggest wedding ever. i mean how can i miss ur marriage with nick jonas (and ya know i'll be a bridesmaid duh). I'll be here when alabama beats georgia. and, i'll be here for other important events that i can't think of lol.