Chapter 1

Knock, knock, knock.

It was not long after the headmaster's visit that he came back and took the girl with him. Happily the girl walked beside the older man with a small bag in her hand. Unlike his last visit Albus Dumbledore was much quiter only offering her a sweet beforw they left.

"I must warn you teleportation can leave one a bit nauseous," he had told her when they'd reached the street and took her by the hand before it had all gone into a spinning blur.

And that was how they ended up on a porch of a big house maybe even a manor. Dumbledore knocking softly on the door. As far as Constance could see there were no houses nearby only forrest and meadow.

"Where are we?" she asked as the two awaited the owner.

The professor glanced around, "Somewhere deep in the country side in Scotland."

Constance couldn't believe it. She had never been so far from the orphanege. Let alone London. It wasn't like she minded. It was all just a bit new for her.

Suddenly both of them turned around as the door was opened by an older woman. She was quite small but a bit plump. Her hair already becoming grey as it could be seen from the strands that fell out of her bun. Her warm warm brown eyes widdened as she recognised Albus.

"Hello, Esther."

The woman finally recovered from the shock. "Albus it's been a long time."

"Almost twelve years. I apologise for my mannors but is Honoria here?"

Esther as he had called her invited the two in giving the girl a small smile.
"I'll go and fetch Miss. Make yourselves comfortable."

The woman told them and left them in the hall leading to the living room. Apparently it wasn't Dumbledore's first time in the houshold as he entered the living room looking at the books on his left.

Constance followed cautiously and looked around amazed. For this room was nothing as she expected. Unlike the rooms in the orphanage it was warm and welcoming. The walls covered with red and decorated with moving paintings and some tapestry. The room was quite big with two sofas, a few chairs and a fireplace. There was even a ladder next to the booshelves that almost reached the ceiling. The room had so many books that it almost looked like a library.

"Ah, Albus. I thought I'd find you here," said a thin woman that was probably even older than Albus as she called him. Like Esther before this woman had her hair pinned back in a bun. The difference being her hair was absolutly grey. Her face wasn't as warm and friendly as Esther's was.

"Honoria. It's nice to see you again." The man greated her.

"You know very well I prefer to be adressed as Merideth." The woman strictly said scrunching her eagle like nose.

"Merideth," Dumbledore corrected himself, although it didn't seem like he had forgotten her preference.
"This is Constance Foster, the girl you agreed to take care of." the professor said gesturing the girl to come closer. It all sounded almost as if he was reminding the elder woman of their agreement.

Merideth's grey eyes landed on her which made the girl feel a bit uncomfortable. But even through her hard stare Constance could see what might've been a hint of recognition.

The woman glanced at Dumbledore for an explenation.

"I'm Constance," the girl repeated feeling the need to introduce herself again. She stretched out her hand for the woman to shake.

"Merideth Honoria Nutcombe. You can call me Miss Nutcombe," the woman said carrefully ignoring the girls hand. "Could I have a word in private with you Albus?" she asked.

Dumbledore nodded. "Mrs. Remy is going to take you to your room," said Miss Nutcombe before calling the plump woman, also known as Esther, and leaving the room. Dumbledore leaving with the woman gave Constance one last reasuring smile and left the girl in the care of a stranger. The girl's hand fell back to her side.

"Come on, dear," said Mrs. Remy with a smile as she led the girl away from the living room. "I'm sure you're going to love your room."

As Constance and the housekeeper walked along a corridor they walked by three doors. Through one of them the girl caught a few words being said between Miss Nutcombe and Dumbledore.

"You sure like your secrets," were the words the girl heard the woman say to the headmaster, but before she could hear anything else Mrs. Remy ushered her to continue.

~~

Half an hour later Constance was sitting in her new room,which to say the least was much bigger and comfotable she ever had. The walls covered in blue and yellow patterns.

There was a dark brown desk in the corner of the room opposite the door and of course a chair behind it.
On the left was a window with a window seat and next to it and old warderobe. Opposite was the girl's bed and a door to a small bathroom. Above the desk were bookshelves which only contained three books, but Constance soon added the other three books she brought with her.

Eventhough she knew it was much better than the orphanage she still didn't feel at ease. For all the things and people in the house and even the house itself felt foreign.

She decided to look through the window only to see the only thing that felt somewhat fomiliar leaving. At that moment Albus Dumbledore looked up as if he had felt her eyes staring at him and then he dissapeared into the smoke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Hi!
So this is a new chapter. I hope you like it and that it isn't too long. Please tell me your opinion on this the next chapter will be up soon.:)