6. Mother

Cody's POV

Upon arriving at the hospital, I didn't know who to call so I called Tammy and Jason, since they're practically the only people who sincerely care about Abby. Including me.

"What happened?" Tammy asked as she approached me in the waiting room.

"I went to her house a-and I went up to her room a-and she was on the bed... bleeding." I paused "S-So much blood." I looked at Abby, blaming myself.

Tammy stroked my shoulder, "It's ok. She's been through this, she'll be perfectly fine. She's a strong girl." She smiled at me, reassuring me.

"What do you mean, 'she's been through this' ?" I questioned looking back at Tammy.

"Don't worry." She smiled at me again.

The doctor walked into the room. "Her friends?" He questioned.

Tammy and Jason nodded.

"Come with me please. We need to talk." He hinted for us to follow him into his office.

"She's been beaten really badly. She was really determined this time, the authorities will be involved."

"But she's almost 17... she's practically an adult." Tammy challenged from beside me.

"Yes, but she's still 16 right now-"

"For the next month. Then she'll be 17." Tammy argued.

"Listen," The doctor said firmly "she's gonna live with a relative or go to a foster home." He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"What if she lived with me?" I questioned.

"Your parents will have to  sign papers-"

"We wouldn't be adopting her right?" I asked. I didn't wanna adopt Abby, I wanted her to be my girlfriend, not my little sister.

"No no, for that to happen her mother would have to sign." The doc reassured me.

"Oh I know!" Tammy chimed "what if she lived with her mom?"

I reacted immediately. "Then she'd move to Sweden? Hell no."

"It's for the best Cody, she's my best friend. I love her and I'll miss her, but I won't keep Abby here because I'll miss her. That's being selfish. It would be for the best Cody," Tammy sighed

"If only you knew Abby's full story..." she trailed off.

"This is for the best. She's been through hell and back, she needs to be a normal teen again." Tammy's eyes filled with tears.

"I'll move with her. Would I be allowed to do that?" I look at the doctor.

"Yes of course," he smiled "so anyway. Abby's in a coma, for now she'll be reported as a missing person so that Gretchen can't get to her." The doctor said.

"Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes, but don't be too loud. We don't know how that affects her."