A Ghost that Haunts All

Here I preside, a king of thieves. I reign over sadness, anger, violence. I am the sharpest blade, the quietest whisper, the most painful scar. I whisper in your ear delusions and lies.

You're fine.

Safe

Loved

I smile as your life falls, cackle as you scream silently, clap when you are torn apart by crows and wolves. I reside in the darkest corners, hidden from sight. My kingdom is of demons, bickering, biting, pulling. They flap their massive wings, hissing in my ear. My furies are of air, nothing, as I am crowned in barbs and thorns. I hide behind glass, my throne as fragile as a breath.

My blood drips on your forehead, blinding you, as my thorns crack your façade of perfection. Mirrors of our world shatter, and the pieces are too many. I shout, "You're okay, you're okay, perfect, okay, alright, you're okay," delirious repetitions until they fade into a soft lullaby. My thorns and furies meat your skull in an embrace, as you spiral further away.

I build with one hand, and destroy with the other. My tongue is barbed, venomous, as lethal as cyanide. I create monsters, wolves who lunge at innocents. I smile through blood, as agony writhes inside of you. I sharpen your teeth, and strangle the lives of friends. You fight, but are paralyzed. I am the hunter, you are the deer, caught in a trap of metal and lies.

Flowers rot in my grasp, I disappear behind glass. I am a vanishing act, but if you call, I will come. The pieces of broken mirrors surround your feet, and the dark color of blood pours from your feet as you blindly stumble toward me for guidance.

Do this.

Do that.

You are ugly.

You are fat.

I am here.

I am the darkness that clouds your mind. There is no escape from me. I am always here beside you. I will never leave you. I am you. I am nothing. I am everything. I am as fragile as air, shattered by a bullet. A  flame can't stop me, I am as powerful as a god. I am your safe haven, but your worst nightmare. I hide with demons, dance with furies, fly with bats. I can see all, hear all, know all of you. You cannot escape no matter what you do. I am always with you, haunting you, breathing in your poison. I unleash hell on you and on those whom are close to you. But remember, you can't leave. Isn't a shame for me to be your conscience?