Fatal Attraction (The Not So Secret Life of Helena Callahan - ONE SHOT)

Start from the beginning

The tactic to fool Darien Valentine to forget the girl he had now. To ''give me the root and boot'' like Deacon proposed what happened between Darien and I all those years ago but this time the root and boot would be permanent. Dismissing who he was in a relationship with in the present but instead to fall back head over heels over the lying skank that was 'supposedly' supposed to be dead in the unforgiving ground.

To have him forget me, to fall out of love of, Helena Callahan...

Well, that cold bloodthirsty bitch would soon realize that that property was foreclosed by me, my signature under the contract now...On the dotted line.

Darien was now mine, if she didn't see it...she soon will be. Even if she was seeing red by her very own blood, he, Darien, was mine. This little convicting she-vamp wouldn't beat me in my own game.

"You are a Jack of trades aren't you,'' I replied mockingly. "You acting so prim and proper in that glove compartment you call an outfit,'' Annabelle's glare focused on me with her red eyes. "You have the Gaul to accuse me of being the sluttish vamp, when it was you who was trying to seduce Noah's boxers off."

Her eyelids lowered to slits.

"What was your master plan really? Did you really think, Annabelle that you were going to leash Noah? Then to cajole Darien into the idea to follow you as if a submissive mutt once again and to have those two loving you unconditionally despite you, your character being the deceitful vamp that you are,'' I smirked. "It is really a shame, really awful they do not worship you. Too bad your tactful plan didn't work. Especially when Noah, he next in line had rejected you right in the spot.''

I saw her instinctive predatory instincts say 'kill' within her maroon red eyes. Yes, I had already knew I had struck a nerve because that's what I intended. For me to keep reminding her that she was indeed unwelcomed and all alone. And no guilt deprived me of enjoying her misery. I was rather swimming in Annabelle's fury like the high of drinking blood from a virgin victim, wanting one brim of red liquid after the other.

"I see now,'' Annabelle chuckled under her breath. "My Darien has charmed his way into your heart."

I moved my eyes back to focus on her again. "And you,'' Annabelle pointed a red accusing finger at me, "Think you can stand a chance with him. You truly amuse me, truly you do. To think you can bring up my faults and use you vamp little mind to turn the other cheek that Darien won't come around. You have to understand,'' she cocked an eyebrow, "Darien always comes around, around to me at least.''

I felt my nails grow, trying to restrain myself from attacking as my claws extended, "You are a means to an end,'' she continued. "Who would want to fall with a cheap heeled person like you, my Darien deserves so much more."

"And you think you are that person.''

"I know I am that person,'' she spoke cockily.

I picked up a pot innocently sitting on top of the shelf beside me, using it as a weapon of rage as I threw it airborne at her with her being the target. It was not just the reasons of Annabelle taunting me by throwing the history of herself and dear Darien's love life in my face. Yet it was more the mere fact that she could dare try to ruin the relationship between Darien and I and especially in my home turf. In my apartment and thereby to try to twist the doubts in my head of me simply cease to existing in Darien's eyes.

I crunched my molars together as I witnessed her inhuman speed help dodge the pot and it shatter behind her. Latching my teeth, "What do you think Noah is going to think of you? More importantly, what do you presume Darien is going to think of you? Is he going to think that you are a lying, conniving S.O.B. because of you making him believe you were dead after all these years. If you think so, then you thought correctly. I certainly agree with him without a doubt that you are all those things," I walked around slowly. Keeping my eye on her, concentrating on her movements as she stared right back at me, "Here you have the audacity to come into my home making demands, you coming into my territory.''