Chapter 33

As Katie got the kids ready to go to the water park, she received a call. It was Zak. "Who is it mommy?" Chris asked. "It's Zak, sweetie" Katie replied. Serena and Chris started making smooching sounds. Katie rolls her eyes and picks up the phone. "Hey Zak, what's up?" Katie asked, shooing off the kids to get their bags ready. "Hey Kate, just making sure you were okay" Zak said, looking at the location he was at. "I'm fine, Zak. Going to lockdown mode now?" Katie asked, grabbing her car keys. "Yeah. I'll make sure to be safe. Have my lucky charms over there at home" Zak replied, smiling. "What are those lucky charms?" Katie asked, looking at Hunter wagging his tail. "You, Chris, Serena, Hunter, Gracie, and my family" Zak replied and that melted Katie's heart. "Mommy, can we go to the park now?" Serena asked, tugging at Katie's shirt. "I'll call you later, Zak. I'm taking the kids to the water park" Katie said. "Alright. Bye" Zak said and hangs up.

Few hours later
Zak was leaning against a wall after slamming the wall and yelling "STOP!". " Zak, are you alright?" Billy asked while Jay takes Zak somewhere to calm down. "They want us to fucking die here" Zak said while looking at his friends. He felt angry and sad at the same time. "It will be fine, Zak. You have Katie and the twins back home" Aaron said, smiling. "Yeah, just think about them" Jay said. Meanwhile, Katie was singing a lullaby to the twins. Serena was already asleep with Hunter next to her while Chris was looking at his beautiful mommy. "Mommy?" Chris asked, looking at Katie. "Yes my little man" Katie replied, stroking his hair. "Can we live with you and Mr. Zak? We miss you a lot" Chris asked and Katie smiles. "Well, would you adjust to mommy and Mr. Zak to go away for a few days when our jobs needs us to go?" Katie asked and Chris nods. "Alright. I'll talk to your father and we'll figure out something" Katie said, hugging Chris. "Can we call Mr. Zak 'dad' mommy?" he asked. "If you want sweetie" Katie replied, smiling. Zak smiles as a thought of Katie and the twins came through his mind. "I won't let this demon get to me. I promised those kids that I will be safe" Zak said, getting up. "That's the spirit" Billy said. Zak walks to the place where he got possessed. "I want you to leave this place for good. You will never hurt me or anyone else. Understand me?!" Zak said, looking around. Aaron, Billy and Jay look around with their cameras.

Few days later
"Are you letting me have custody of the twins?" Katie asked on the phone and Adam sighs. "As long as I get them during vacations once in a while" Adam replied, smiling. Katie smiles while the kids were playing outside with Hunter and Gracie. "I'll call you later so you can talk to the kids" she said, looking out the window. "Alright" he said. They both hang up and Katie goes outside. Serena was laughing as Gracie grabs the tennis ball and runs with it while Chris chases her. Hunter barks and follows Chris. Katie laughs and looks up to see a familiar Honda Elantra pulling up. "Zak" she mumbles while looking at Zak and the rest of the crew getting out of the car. "Dad!" Chris and Serena yell while they run towards Zak. He kneels down and hugs the twins tightly. "Now that is golden right there" Aaron says, smiling and taking a picture of them. "Hey Katie, had fun without us?" Billy asked. "We had fun but we missed you guys" Katie replied. She walked towards the little group. Zak gets up and smiles at Katie. "Well, we decided to bring fun. Let's go something together" Jay said. "Alright, go inside with everyone kids. Let me talk with Zak" Katie said. The kids nod and they go inside with Aaron, Jay, and Billy. "So, now I'm their father figure?" Zak asked. "Yeah. They're staying with me from now on" she replied, smiling. "I've been trying to ask you this but, would you move in with me and Gracie and be my girlfriend once again? The kids would want me to stay with me" Zak said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Sure" she replied, smiling. (If you're listening to the song, skip to 3:25 to set the mood) Zak smiles, wraps his arms around her waist, and kisses Katie on the lips passionately. She kisses him back and wraps her arms around Zak's neck. Serena smiles as everyone watched the couple kiss under the sunlight, enjoying each moment of the kiss...........

A/N: 😍😍😍😍😘😘😘💑💑👫👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦👨‍👩‍👦‍👦 Awwww they will be a happy family. I'll probably either make a sequel or not of this. Thank you for reading. Make sure to vote, comment, etc. I'll see you guys on the next chapter of Demon Hunters and a new chapter in this couple's life (or not).