late nights.

Ethan's p.o.v:

It was Halloween, and of course I wasn't doing anything. I never did. Last time I did anything for Halloween was senior year with Grayson and a few of our buddies. We ended up getting into trouble with the police for littering toilet paper all over people's houses.

I was probably just gonna stay home and watch some scary movies with Sam.

My mind crawled to Arabella, and what she was gonna be doing for Halloween. Probably partying with her boyfriend and his friends. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I hated that idea. He would probably ended up taking her to another college party, like usual. Nothing seemed romantic about their relationship and I knew that it was none of my business; but it bothered me. Arabella deserved romance and love, and if I know anything about love, it's not their relationship.

I was getting relieved from my shift in about a half hour, and then I could go home and be alone for the rest of the night.

"Hey Ethan", Arabella smiled to me, and her positive mood radiate off of her, immediately pulling me into a better mood.

"Happy Halloween", she continued, pulling out a piece of candy, handing it to me.

"I thought I was supposed to say trick or treat?", I teased, popping the candy in my mouth.

"You don't look like a guy who follows traditions anyway", she shrugged her shoulders, placing a piece of candy in her mouth.

"So what are your plans for tonight? Gonna go trick or treating?", she teased me, leaning her elbows on the countertop. She seemed like she was in an unusually happy mood, not so serious. I wondered what had put her in this mood.

"Nothing much, gonna go watch horror movies with my dog", I could feel my cheeks heating up from embarrassment. I probably sound like a fucking loser to her now.

"Same actually, not feeling the whole Halloween thing tonight. Probably watch some movies all alone", she nodded, biting into the hard candy. I wondered why she would be alone on Halloween.

"Oh? I figured you and Mike would go party or something", I said nonchalantly.

"Nope. Mike and I aren't together anymore. Broke up last night", she said, clearing her throat.

Hold it in Ethan. Hold it in.

I could feel a smile creeping it's way onto my face. I could feel bits of happiness and joy seeping through. I could feel myself getting my hopes up. My breathing stopped when she said that. It was wrong of me, considering she was probably upset about the breakup. But my heart skipped a beat, thinking about Arabella and I becoming a couple. Now I could show her how much she is worth. I can show her what love is actually like. I could show her what she has been missing.

Shut up Ethan. You're getting ahead of yourself.

"Oh? I'm really sorry about that Arabella", instead I gave her a comforting smile, remaining calm.

"Don't be sorry, I saw it coming for a long while now", she nodded her head, not looking the least bit upset about it.

I nodded thoughtfully, wondering what kind of relationship they had together. Did he ever remind her beautiful she was; especially in the morning when she wakes up and her hair is sticking to her face? Or did he make sure to tell her that he loved her multiple times a day? Did he ever take her on dates or buy her things. Did he make her feel good? Because I knew those were things I would do if Arabella and I were together.

"Got any good movie suggestions for tonight? I've ran out of good horror movies to watch", I changed the subject, knowing I would get a little excited her and Mike broke up and probably freak the girl out.