epilogue

epilogue | forgiveness
i love.

    Seasons have changed and years have passed, since Celeste and Elijah have last seen each other

Seasons have changed and years have passed, since Celeste and Elijah have last seen each other. Celeste was now in full leadership of all of the covens in New Orleans, guiding them, repairing the damage amongst the witches. Although, for the both of them, the presence of each other was out of sight but not out of mind. There was still hurt and pain between them, but when Celeste heard the news of Elijah being on his deathbed, she had to see him, one last time.

    It was a warm summer night, when Celeste arrived to Rebekah's home, somewhere in the state of Texas. When she arrived, a few words were shared between the two, and a brief glance was shared between Klaus and herself. She slowly crept towards the door, scared of what she see on the other side of it. Inhaling deeply she turned the knob opening it. Elijah was propped up, eyes were open looking at her.

"Celeste." He whispered

    Her heart fluttered as she approached Elijah. He moved over so she could sit beside him. She looked at Elijah's face, there were small lines near his eyes and the corners of his mouth. His dark brown hair, had several streaks of gray hair in it. She smiled weakly, intertwining her fingers with his.

    "I am so sorry," She spoke a tear slipping from her eye

    "You don't deserve this."

    Elijah squeezed her hand. "Yes, I do."

Celeste could not help herself, she felt guilty that she did this to him. She wouldn't have imagined him to die, not this quickly. She saw Elijah breathing slow down. Celeste caressed Elijah's cheek as she leaned her head forward, their foreheads touching one another.

"This is what your life should been like..."

A image of a life that Elijah had always desired had flashed in his mind, Celeste and Elijah living secludedness, raising children together, growing old together, being in love and most of all happy together. As his heart pumped one last time, a tear slipped from his eye. Celeste let go of Elijah, letting go all of the turmoil and pain that she had towards him, and his family. There was nothing but love left. She forgave Elijah but most of all she forgave herself.