Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight.

So today I have to go to stupid therapy. I'm really not in the mood to do it but since I'm being forced I might as well try to not be a pain in the ass. Maybe if this person 'cures' me I can stop going.

A boy can only dream...

"N-Noah?" John peaks his head into my room and frowns.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask patting the space beside me on my bed. John comes trudging in with his head down. He carefully sits down next to me and stares at his lap.

"I'm sorry you have to go today. I know you don't want to."

I haven't talked to anyone here about going today. I figured they'd either think I'm crazy or be jealous because they're messed up too. well that and the only person I ever talk to is John. I still didn't tell him so I'm guessing he over heard Miss Joy talking about it.

"Nah it's okay. It'll probably be a one time thing anyways. I'll be fine. Don't worry." I smile, the first smile in a week, at John. It's nice knowing someone cares. He's the closet person to family. He's like my little brother.

"You going to eat something before you go? I've noticed you haven't eaten in a while." he says in a worried tone.

Patting his head I roll my eyes. "I'm fine." truth is I haven't eaten in two days but John doesn't need to know that. He shouldn't have to worry.

"Alright...but if you don't eat I'm going to make you." he says in a sweet yet stern manner. John can try but that's not going to stop me from starving myself. It's nice to feel something other than sadness.

"I'll be fine. Now if you don't mind I need to shower and change. I only have an hour before I have to go."

John nods and slowly walks out of the room leaving me to myself. I sigh and stand up. I grab a change of donated clothes and head to the bathroom.

After I'm clean and dressed I sloppily dry my hair and return to my room for some shoes. Miss Joy was waiting for me. "Noah, Noah, Noah, I told you we have a very strict time limit. Grab your shoes, you can put them on in the car. Hurry up."

I do as I'm told and follow her out to her beaten up navy blue four door. I sink into the passenger's seat, Miss Joy in the driver's, and we take off to wherever we may be going. I hope it isn't too far, being in the car with Miss Joy is completely awkward and not to mention pretty boring.

Turns out this place isn't too far away. Only about a ten minute journey.  Miss Joy signs me in then leaves me to fend for myself. Thanks bitch. Sighing I walk over to the almost empty waiting room and curl up on a chair which turns out to be more comfortable than my own bed.

I wait and wait for something to happen. I guess we got here early because another kid is called in before me. I groan and wish for a fire, that way I could just leave, however instead of a fire a certain familiar someone walks into the waiting room with his head down and his hands in his pockets. That jackass from Sam's funereal.

As he sits down he looks right at me and blinks as if he doesn't believe it. When he realizes it is indeed the 'poor orphan boy' his eyes widen. I expect him to come over and bother me however he sits there and watches my every move up until my name is called. Weirdo.

Thanking God I dart up and be lead by a young frizzy haired woman to a hallway. "It's the last door on the left." she says with a warm smile. Ignoring her kindness I walk to the room as if she didn't exist.

"Hello there Noah." A very professional woman waits at the door for me. Her dull blonde hair with neatly pulled up in a bun and her equally dull blue eyes are hidden behind metal rimmed glasses.

"Hello..." I mumble.

The woman walks to a chair and sits. "Have a seat. We have much to talk about." Yeah right, like I'm telling you about my fucked up life. I don't even know you. I sigh and sit in the chair in front of her even though I'd rather stand.

 Today is going to be a long day. I can just feel it.