Best Friends...Forever?

Devon was glaring at me for leaving her with Jeremy, but I was so happy to be sitting with Vladi I didn't care. In fact, rabid wolves could have come through the doors and I wouldn't have noticed. Vladi kept leaning forward to tell me stuff about the varsity players and his cologne mixed with his leather jacket smell and made me dizzy. I couldn't believe we were sitting this close. I kept smiling at Devon, but she was not happy having Jeremy drool over her. She kept sliding further away from him, but he wasn't getting the message. Then, she grabbed me and said we had to go the bathroom.

"I'm going crazy. He's like a leech or something," she said scrunching her curly dark hair as she stared in the bathroom mirror.

"Isn't Vladi cute? I wonder what kind of cologne he wears. He smells so good."

"You're making me sick," she said.

The guys had gone to the concession stands and Vladi had bought me a cherry cola (my favorite) and a box of candy to share. Jeremy bought Devon some malt balls, but she snatched the bag away and kept them for herself.

"Can I have some of your soda?" Vladi asked after he had finished his drink.

I thought it was so cute that he'd drink after me and not even worry about germs. He didn't even take out my straw. I thought I was going to faint from happiness. I mean our lips were touching the same straw. Now my dad would have given me a lecture on how a billion viruses can be spread through sharing a straw, but I wouldn't care if I get typhoid fever...but not the stomach flu. If there was anything I hated it was puking and even Mr. Hotness wasn't worth barfing my guts up.