CHAPTER 4

TENMA'S P.O.V

My eyes hurt. My head hurts. My limbs hurt. Hell, my whole body feels numb. If people saw this, they'd start gossiping about how the strongest heavenly commander just fainted at the announcement of his engagement. 

I mean, who wouldn't faint? Especially since bird-maru slapped my back as soon as the announcement ended and my dango ended up almost choking me. Then that bird-maru slapped my neck and the dango came out, but he hit a pressure point and I fainted. What's with the 'whitey' place ? If I'm in the hospital then my worst nightmares have come true. 

Suddenly the door opens to reveal my Aria with a plate full of dangos. I can't stare. Even if both my Aria and dangos are here. Although it'd be confusing about which one of them I'd be staring at if I didn't have self-control. She looks beautiful. Everything would match her and yet, she would be complemented instead of her clothes. 

"TENMA!" She shouts. As much as I love her, I really don't like it when she yells.

"Hn... eh.. what?" I reply groggily.

ARIA'S P.O.V

Is he staring at me? Maybe because of the headache? But still I can't help but wonder if he's staring at me. Okay, calm down, girl. Just give him the dango.

"Eat. Now." I say.

"Aww. Please. Can't we just get out of this place ? This atmosphere is too darn boring."

"No. You fainted during dad's announcement and you're gonna be here till you recover."

"Aria-chaaan. This is unfair. Ohh! By the way, what was the announcement about?" I start blushing. I'll kill him for making me feel like this. I'm not nervous around basaras and here a bedridden guy in the infirmary, eating his dango, makes me nervous with a simple question.

"Something about the two of us getting engaged."

He yells and chokes. He probably doesn't wanna be engaged to me. Or he already has a crush or a girlfriend. I'm already falling into depression. Wait. Why is his face red? Did his fever increase? 

"Tenma. You're red again. Did your temperature increase? Are you feeling cold?" Saying so I lean towards him to check his temperature.

TENMA'S P.O.V

I'm engaged to her. Oh no no no no no no no. She can't see me like this. She'll figure out my feelings. Does she know already?

"Tenma. You're red again..." Did she figure it out already?

"...Did your temperature increase?..." Yes, it did increase. Look who's sitting next to me. As I face her. I see her leaning towards me.

"...Are you cold?..." Cold? I'm numb when she's around. And on top of it, she's leaning towards me. What's gonna happen? Is she gonna kiss me or something? Suddenly she leans back and sits on the chair. Ok. Good. I'm starting to feel normal again. But I won't be normal until she leaves. Not that I want her to leave. Suddenly her phone rings. 

"Tenma. I'll just take this call. Ok ? I'll be back in 5 mins." And she leaves the room. Ok I'm back to normal. But... Don't go. 

A few minutes later, out of all people in the goddamn universe, bird-maru, little cutie (Tenma's nickname for Ikaruga Sayo) and that Amawaka girl come. 

"Yo. Tenma, you alright?" Shimon inquires.

"Yeah. I'm fine." My tone is very sarcastic but bird-maru only smirks when he notices the sarcasm.

"You were very red during the announcement. I wonder. What could be the reason?" He starts smirking. And just when I thought the idiot wouldn't tease me. Did you forget that you slapped my back and I choked on my dango?

"Oh! And by the way, this is Otomi Mayura. Well, now probably Amawaka." Bird-maru introduces his new partner. I look at her. She's good looking and all. Alright, now it's my turn. I look at her as if I'm examining her. And she's obviously nervous.

"Hmm. I approve." 

"Approve of what?" Sayo chirps in.

"Of their marriage, little cutie." I say while smirking. "Bird-maru now you look like a real tomato with your face red and all." My smirk widens.

"I told you, nii-san. She's obviously my future sister-in-law." She says excitedly and starts rambling about telling Arima to announce their engagement too. While they blush, someone enters the room. Aria-chan. Now I'm about to act as the lamest person ever. She starts grinning when she sees bird-maru and kitten-chan blushing. (Tenma's nickname for Mayura)

"Hey guys. Sayo-chan, what did you do? Do they have a fever?" She asks teasingly while her grin widens.

"Ahh ! Nee-san. Meet my sister-in-law. Amawaka Mayura. Wait. Scratch that. Ikaruga Mayura..."

"Chiiko. How many times have I told you not to read those sappy love stories Keiji-san gives you. It's full of nonsense." Bird-maru interrupts.

But apparently, the three of us were planning for their wedding and all with the girls giggling in between. Soon, another person comes in.

"Little brat. You're finally here. Are your classes over?" Aria shouts over to the newcomer.

Ok. Now I'm seriously and officially jealous. Who is this 'little brat'? I'm gonna feed him to the basaras. But unfortunately all of them were around me. And I couldn't see his face since he was at the door. 

"Is he alright? And by the way, I heard about your engagement." Wait. Isn't that weasel? (Tenma's nickname for Arimori)

"THAT IS LITTLE BRAT?" I shout when I see the weasel's face.

"Yeah. That's me." Weasel deadpans.

"Tenma, you're not the only one who can give nicknames." She winks at me. I blush. And I'm embarrassed. I was jealous of her brother. That's so stupid. That means I have a chance. 

"Tenma-nii, you have a chance to get Aria nee-san." Sayo whispers to me. Although I silently agree, I'm blushing and again in front of these idiots. Well Aria is not an idiot. I have to change the topic. 

"Finally, the Heavenly Quadro has been reunited." This catches everyone's attention as little cutie shouts. 

"Yeah. Long time no see. Aria." Bird-maru greets her after waking up from his blushing business.

"Same here, bro." They hug each other. 

"What about me?" I ask.

"Oh ! Don't worry, since she's your fiancée she'll be with you all day and night." Bird-maru replies with a smirk on his face. Aria is also red. Now I'm sure that she was blushing and the others laugh. 

"Excuse me." The Amawaka girl starts. "...what is the Heavenly Quadro?" She asks.

"The Heavenly Quadro are a group of four prodigious exorcist from the island's most powerful families. Families of the  Heavenly Commanders and the head exorcist." Aria-chan starts explaining.

"It was formerly 'The Heavenly Trio' until..." Shimon goes on.

"...until I joined them four years ago, making it 'The Heavenly Quadro'." Weasel ends his sentence.

"And this started when I was around 2 years old."Little cutie adds.

"And we are the heavenly quadro." I say.