CHAPTER 3

TENMA'S P.O.V

"Who's the little brat?" I asked while feasting on my dangos.

"He's one of the most important people in my life." She replied, obviously exaggerating... but.

A 'he'? A male. Who is this boy? I'll fry his ass and feed his barbecued head to the basaras. Why is he called 'little brat'? Must be a very close person. I'll find out soon enough.

"TENMA!"

"Hmm.. na.. what ?"

"Why were you spacing out ?"

"Oh! Was I? Sorry."

She pouted.

Cute.

While frantically looking here and there, I saw bird-maru smirking. Wait.. smirking? He'll pay for that.

"TENMA!"

"What?"

"You spaced out again." She said in a bored voice.

"Sorry Aria-chan, did you try the dangos? They're a bliss." I changed the topic. Not that there was any topic to begin with.

"No, they don't have dangos anymore. You have all of them either on you plate or in your stomach."

"Ohh." I smile sheepishly.

"Now give me that." She said and took my hand and ate the dango I was holding. I froze. 

"Why is your dango more important than me?" She asked with such an irresistible innocent face. What should I do? I simply stood there not knowing what to say.

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

"Arima, your daughter just arrived and Tenma-kun is already blushing." Inanaki Arata spoke.

"What? Where? When? How? She's my baby girl, she's still learning about this horrid world. Tell me this isn't possible. Seigen, help me buddy." Arima turned to Seigen to see his confused expression while observing Mayura and Shimon.

"They're awfully close." Seigen mumbled.

"Narumi, old pal. Help me." Arima whined.

"I miss being young. Reminds me of myself when you both dragged me to see you confess to Yukari and Mana-chan." Narumi became nostalgic.

"All right, you want matchmaking, I'll give you the expert's choice." Arima started his schemes. After getting consent from the Unomiya family.

"Attention, my fellow exorcists." Arima got the attention he wanted except from his targets.

"Now, now, as you all know it's a 1000-year old tradition of the Tsuchimikados to pair up one of the family's strongest exorcists and a heavenly commander if there are two or more heirs. I was actually hoping to get my son paired up, but I have a lovely little daughter who is my precious treasure." Aria blushed from the embarassment at the sudden mention.

ARIA'S P.O.V

Is it necessary for him to announce such old statements? He's going to die if he utters another embarrassing thing about me.

"So I hereby announce the engagement of Unomiya Tenma and Tsuchimikado Aria. Congratulations my dear darling. I'm already emotional." He starts wiping of tears. Wait... what the hell ? It was supposed to be a crush, unrequited love or something. Being engaged is... Tenma? Where's he? What would he think? Why is he sleeping on the floor? And he's red. Probably a fever.

"Oh my God, Tenma-kun, you can't die.." Dad starts whining about me becoming a widow. What the hell?

"Enju." I called my shikigami. A girl with black hair with a blue tint appears.

"Take him to the infirmary." I ordered and she complies. I started following her until my father shouted my name.

"Now what?" I'm seriously annoyed.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I smirk and reply, "To take care of my poor husband." After hearing useless gasps, I followed Enju to the infirmary only to find out that she doesn't know where it is and was waiting for my instructions. I don't know where it is. So let's find it. Turns and long corridors didn't help at all. Finally, I found my little brat.

"Little brat." I called him and he turned with a slightly red face.

"I thought I told you not to call me that, especially in public." He states as a matter fact while coming towards me.

"Where's the infirmary?" I asked.

"I'll walk you there. What happened to him?" He asked gesturing towards Tenma.

"Oh. He fainted when dad announced our engagement." Maybe he doesn't like me at all.

Author's Note: Thank you for the votes and comments and pls continue to do so so that I can update according to your reviews and likes.