Born To Die

⚡Lana Del Rey POV⚡

I carefully lit a cigarette to soothe the shaking of my fingers.

I smiled when the flame touched the tip and I inhaled. I was in my apartment, leaning against my open window, watching the beautiful New York lights below.

I felt my fingers stop shaking as I looked out over the lights, jealous for how they shone. I looked around, my apartment seemed like feet from the infamous Times Square.

I sighed, shaking my thoughts. I would never be able to please those people. I got up from the window ledge and walked into the small living room. I pouted and looked at the piano.

I carefully put my cigarette down in the holder designed for me next to the piano. I didn't really know what to sing. So I just let my fingers mess around. I found one of my favorites that I had written. I began to sing, feeling everything, every bad moment, every bad memory slip away into nothing.

"Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That, baby, you're the best

I got my red dress on tonight

Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight

Done my hair up real big beauty queen style

High heels off, I'm feeling alive

Oh, my God, I feel it in the air

Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare

Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere

Nothing scares me anymore

(1, 2, 3, 4)

Kiss me hard before you go

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That, baby, you're the best

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness

S-s-summertime, summertime sadness

Got that summertime, summertime sadness

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I'm feelin' electric tonight

Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99

Got my bad baby by my heavenly side

I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight"

I stopped my favorite part, feeling like someone was watching me. I began to rub my hands together and look around behind me. "Liz, you're always paranoid." I scolded myself. Before I could start playing again, the door burst open.

I looked at it with my mouth slightly open. I had locked that door from the inside. I carefully got up and slid over to the door. I had a knife with me but when I got over to the door, I was hit with the butt of the gun on my chest, or at least that's what I thought it was, hard. This person didn't have a great aim, thank god. I felt like I was going to pass out but I fought it. I turned, kicking, clawing, and punching at my attacker. I couldn't see him, for this part of my apartment was dark.

I swung and I heard a yell of rage. I felt my dress for my dagger, it was gone. I felt the blunt object hit my head and I passed out.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

I awoke. I didn't remember what happened but my hands were shaking again. Did I drink again? I couldn't have, I didn't have anything in the apartment. I tried to stand but I couldn't, I was restricted.