Chapter 1

Dylan's POV

"Dylan, wake up," dad says, shaking me while I sleep.

I groan, burying my face into my pillow. "Five more minutes."

"You don't have five more minutes. Your flight leaves in like an hour," he tells me.

"Is breakfast made?," I ask as I roll onto my back.

"Every morning your first thought is about food," he remarks.

"Hey, I didn't get this big by eating nothing."

"Well there is breakfast made. It's cold now because I thought you would be up earlier," dad says.

I chuckle. "When have I ever woken up early?"

"Every Christmas when you were little," he tells me. "You always ran into Amy's room, and jumped up and down on her bed in excitement."

"Imagine if I did that now. I'd probably break the bed with my weight," I joke.

"You would also piss off Tyler by waking him up," dad remarks.

"That would be funny to see," I say.

"Yes, so funny. Now get up, shower, and eat so we can go."

I nod as dad leaves my room. I take the sheets off my body, rolling out of bed. I go into my bedside table to grab a pair of underwear. Sleeping naked is such a great feeling. I discovered that when I lost my virginity two years ago. Hopefully, my roommate in university is cool enough to not be weirded out if I try to sleep naked in my bed.

I leave my room, not bothering to put on anymore clothes. Only dad and I live here, so it's not like I'll be surprising anyone by walking around in my underwear. I head to the washroom, and brush my teeth. Then I step into the shower, and clean myself off. I wrap a towel around my waist, and then go back to my room.

I change into the clothes that I had set aside yesterday for my flight. As I'm putting my shirt on, I notice a little purple mark on my collarbone. I smirk as I touch the delicate spot. A little farewell gift I got from Cristal right before we broke up, so I could go to university without anything holding me back.

I finish getting ready, and then I grab all my bags and suitcases. I leave my room, and carry everything down with me. I set down everything by the front door, and then head into the kitchen. I pick up the plate that's sitting on the table, and start eating. I'm too hungry to worry about warming up the food.

"Ok let's go," I say as I chug down the glass of orange juice.

"You know, sometimes it's gross how fast you eat," dad remarks as he watches me. "It's like you don't even chew."

"Hey, you're the one that said we were running late," I point out. "And also, I'm a growing boy. I like to eat."

"How much more can you possibly grow?," he questions.

I shrug. "I don't know. I guess we'll find out."

"Hopefully, you're not too much taller the next time I see you," he mumbles. "You already make everyone feel short."

I chuckle as I put my glass into the sink. Then dad and I leave the kitchen, and head to the front door. Dad helps me carry my stuff, and we load everything into his car. I look over at my car, giving my baby a little hug goodbye. I hope she doesn't feel like I'm cheating on her with the car I'm gunna get in North Dakota.

I sit in the passenger's seat as dad drives to the airport. Neither of us really says anything. I know dad's upset about me leaving. With me gone, he's gunna be in that house all by himself. But he supports me leaving to go play hockey for the university's team. And hopefully when I get drafted next year, it will be by the Stars and then I'll be right back in Dallas.