Chapter 9

-BEEP!-

-BEEP!-

-BEEP!-

I turn off my alarm clock. It is 5 in the morning and I go down stairs and outside to see Alpha Spencer sitting at the table watching the clouds move.

“Morning Snowy.” He tells me.

“Morning Alpha.” I groggily say. It’s too early in the morning for talking.

“Did you see Joshy?” he asks. Where is Joshy?

“No Sir. I’ll go get him. I walk inside to check the kitchen first, that’s the first place he goes every morning. He’s not in there so I go upstairs to his room. Once finally on the 6th floor I knock on his door and I hear some shuffling. “Joshy wakey wakey.” I say through the door. I hear something soft hit the door. I walk in and see a pillow on the ground in front of the door. He and Crystal and cuddled in his bed. So I jump on them.

“What the hell Snowy?!” he screamed at me.

“Respect your Alpha.” I say. “Get your lazy ass up we gotta go run.”

“You’re not the Alpha yet.” He says. But does as I tell him. We walk down the stairs until Joshy in his sleep state falls down the stairs flailing his arms around hitting me. I grab onto the railing for the stairs while he just falls down. “You okay?” wolfs take a lot to not be okay.

“Yeah.” He says then gets up. We start walking out the kitchen and to the back yard when outside we see Alpha in his big black wolf and we also shift. As soon as we shift we go run for 45 minutes. We then jog in our wolf forms around the border all silent. When we finally get back to the pack house, more people are up so we all shift wearing tribal clothes. Alpha has a black animal skin wrapped around his waist while Joshy has a tan and grey pelt around his waist. They are both extremely tanned. I am also tan but not as much as them. I look at my reflection in the glass door. I still have my White skirt and bra. I now have three little ropes tied around my right arm. I notice Alpha Spencer has four on his right arm and Joshy has three on his left arm.

“Alpha?” I ask.

“Yes Snowy?” he turns to me as we enter the kitchen.

“Why did my ropes change?” I said pointing to the ropes on my right arm.

“You’re the to be Alpha now. I will give you the book that tells you everything about the power symbols.

“Okay.” I eat a piece of toast and go upstairs to take a shower. I look at my watch and it says 6:00. I walk into the bathroom and I bathe and wash my hair. I look at my watch again and it now says 6:10. I go into my walk in closet to get some clothes. It is still cold so I wear some black skinny jeans, and a grey V-neck shirt that matches Carmen’s eyes. I’m going to miss seeing her today and tomorrow. I brush my hair and blow dry it. I don’t like putting my hair up so I just let it flow down my back. I go downstairs and find some of the pack members sitting in the den looking bored.

“Ya’ll wanna go do something?” I ask. I need something to occupy myself.

“Bowling!” Puppy, who is cuddled up in Noah’s lap. They are very affectionate. I wonder why.

“That actually sounds like a good idea.” Skylar says.

“Okay so bowling. Who all wants to go?” Pretty much everyone gets up.  I run upstairs to grab my keys and tell my dad that I am going bowling. When I get back downstairs, Alpha asks me where we are going.

“Everyone’s going bowling.” I tell him.

“Wait right here for a sec.” he tells me and I do as he says. He comes back and hands me $200 in cash. “That’s for everyone. Have fun.”