Prologue Part-2

There he stood, in all his glory. Otabek Altin, slightly groggy due to jet lag, his gorgeous midnight hair ruffled and falling over his sleepy eyes. He looked fucking divine. Yuri could do nothing but stare at him in awe, like always.

Otabek finally spotted him and started to walk over with a small smile on his lips. Yuri knew that smile was one Otabek kept reserved for him. It was the same smile that made Yuri turn into a puddle of nothing but...

Yuri stopped his thoughts there. How was it that the word love could so easily finish that sentence? That it would come so easily to him when thinking about his best friend?

"I would say 'feel free to admire me' but it looks like I don't have to." Otabek remarked as the look on his face switched from that handsome half smile to a smug smirk. Yuri, upon realising he had been staring, went bright red.

"B-bite me, you a-asshole!" Yuri retaliated.

"Where?"

"Wherever you want. I mean...WAIT WHAT?!" The exchange happened so fast, Yuri had to do a double take but once the realisation hit him he went, if at all possible at this point, even redder. It didn't seem like something Yuri would say but, then again, a lot of things inside Yuri had changed once he realised his sexuality and feelings for Otabek.

Otabek didn't even seem phased by the comment and replied with a simple "Anyway, how are you Yura?"

"I'm fine" Yuri sighed in relief, glad to have some semblance of normal conversation back.

"Hey Yuri," Otabek's smug look was back. "I asked you how you were, not how you looked." There goes the normal conversation again. Yuri could almost see its incorporeal form, floating up to heaven.

"You gotta stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Saying things that make me want to kiss you, that's what." Oh shit. He didn't mean to say that. That wasn't meant to happen. Otabek paused then chuckled to himself before replying in the deep, rasping voice Yuri loved so much.

"My kisses aren't so easily won, Kitten~."