22

Hayes

"Where is Jody taking you?" my mom asked as she helped me with my suit.

"Some very fancy upscale restaurant on the North side," I explained & my mom gushed over how handsome I looked.

I heard a car pull up outside & my mom sent me off.

"Have a great time with Jody," she smiled proudly.

"Thanks mom," I got into the car & didn't see Jody. Just a driver with a hat. My phone then lit up

Babygirl

Do you like the surprise? :)

Me

I think the better surprise will be me seeing the face I fall in love with everyday ;)

Babygirl

I'm smiling so much. I can't wait to see you

The car pulled up to the restaurant & the driver opened the door for me. I reached into my pocket & gave him a twenty, because that's known as a generous tip.

I walked inside & saw her. Her blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail, wearing a neutral nude silk dress that draped down her body softly. She looked so elegant. Way too elegant for me. She honestly deserved better than I. She saw me & smiled as I walked closer & sat down.

"You look elegantly beautiful babygirl," I gushed over her.

"Thank you," she blushed & giggled, "you look undeniably handsome," she smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled back.

"I ordered for us. If that's okay? I know this place because I came here with my manager once. He loved the dish so I think you will too," she nodded.

I hated when she mentioned her manager. A mid thirty year old, hair slicked back, cocaine snorting cradle snatcher who found any opportunity just to admire Jody or sweeten her up. I had my suspicions of the two.

The food arrived & we ate our meals, looking at each other & nodding as we agreed our food both tasted good. There was a sense of awkwardness in the air though. Something silenced but still screaming.

"So how was the trip?" I asked.

"Amazing actually. I got to meet some of my idols like Frank & Beyoncé & they're considering maybe signing me," she shrugged with a smile.

"That sounds fantastic babe," I smiled & looked at her.

"How were you while I was gone?" she asked.

"Miserable without you," I held her hand & kissed it.

She giggled & smiled at me then looked down at her food.

"So Caitlin told me something while I was in England," she started & I looked up at her.

"What did she say?" I asked nervously.

"Now I know you & Kyle, my best friend, had a fight & I was aware of that & she told me the reason why you guys were fighting," she elaborated & I nodded.

"Apparently, & you know I'll never accuse you of anything first hand, you guys fought because Kyle accused you of sleeping with Danica. Now tell me the truth Benjamin. Did you sleep with Danica Stark?" she put down her fork & looked at me with eyes of innocence. They looked sad but still had a hope that what she heard was false. I couldn't do that to her any longer. I had to fess up. Right now.

"Yes Jody. I did sleep with Danica," I admitted freely.

She looked at me with an unreadable look.

"How many times?" she questioned me calmly.

"Frequently," I gulped hard & held the sides of my chair.

She looked at me for a few moments, not saying a word & she stood up, dropped the money of the table, that looked close to almost 1k & stormed out the restaurant & I couldn't run after her because I knew it was over.