10

Danica

I fixed my hair in the mirror as I waited for Kyle.

The guilt was killing me inside. I was only going on this date to lower suspicion from Kyle. But I knew I wanted Hayes. I just didn't know if it was genuine or just a craving.

My phone buzzed as I received a text.

Hayes

We can't meet tonight. I've got a date with Jody.

Me

I've got a date with Kyle.

Hayes

Maybe later?

Me

No Hayes. I think we should stop.

Hayes

Danica please...

Me

No Hayes...

I put my phone down on the counter & saw Kyle's car pull up into my driveway. I walked downstairs & opened the door.

"Hey," he greeted me, his smile as radiant as x-ray beams.

"Hey," I greeted back with a smile.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded my head. He took my hand & led me to the car as we got in & began our drive.

My mind was in a spin. My skin crawling with lies. My feet tapping. I wanted to see Hayes tonight. But I knew I couldn't. Because I was with my boyfriend.

I kept checking my phone during the drive. Texting him frantically. Conflicted on whether I should see him or not.

"Who you texting babe?" Kyle asked.

"Kim," I lied with a smile.

Hayes

I really wanted to see Danica. So bad. More than ever. She was my daily craving. My incurable taste. The thing I just couldn't cave.

"Baby we're here," Jody chimed & parked the car.

"Great," I smiled, trying to seem just as enthusiastic as she was.

We made our way into the prestigious restaurant with walls of red velvet & tables of white. People wearing label on label, their posh pouts gently caressing their tongues. I could feel I didn't belong here. I kept checking my phone as we were led to our table.

"Who keeps texting you?" she asked as she sat down.

"My mom. She's worried because I have a hammie injury so," I chuckled nervously.

"Damn," she shook her head & looked at the menu.

"Yeah," I nodded, quite upset, "so how was-"

Jody began ordering for both of us. She spoke French. I didn't know what she said but I knew it was French. That always worried me because I knew whenever she spoke French at restaurants, she was ordering something gross.

"These waiters are so inconvenient am I right?" she questioned with a chuckle, which I followed but quite hesitant because I didn't get the joke.

"Yes baby," I nodded with a smile.

She wheezed from her laughing & got serious.

"I'm sorry I've been neglecting you Hayes. It's just it's been so crazy. With the dance rehearsal & my EP releasing this week so agh. But lemme tell you. It's you & only you baby," she held my hands & kissed my knuckles softly.

"I love you," I didn't know if I was being truthful or not.

"I love you too," she smiled & ate her food.

My phone lit up.

Danica

I can't take this anymore. Meet me at the guesthouse now.

Me

I can't either. But what's my excuse?

Danica

You have a hammie injury don't you?

Me

Yeah. You remembered ;)

Danica

Use that.

Me

What about you?

Danica

Don't worry ;)

Danica

"Damn Kim must be in a crisis since you keep texting her a lot," Kyle chuckled as he ate his food.

"Yeah," I sighed, "babe look. I gotta run. Kim just said my mom came home & is not feeling well so I need to go home & see she's alright," I slowly stood up to leave.

"Tell her I hope she gets better. I love you," he said, not looking up from his plate.

"Thanks. I love you too," I said back & ran to my car. I got in & sped down to the guesthouse in a flash.

I felt adrenaline. A newfound  excitement that I haven't felt ever since Kyle was hinting he liked me. Hayes made me excited. He made me feel bad. But oh so good.

I parked my car & basically ran into the reception. Pacing myself up the stairs to room 32. I burst through the door & saw Hayes turn around, aware of my arrival.

"Let's get started," he murmured & lunges forth at me.

His lips making vigorous contact with mine. His hands gently caressing my inner thighs as he threw me down onto the bed. The way his hands quickly ripped off my pants & underwear. He stared, looked up at me with a smirk & whispered something,

"I'd made a good call ditching the dingy French shit to eat you,"

& that's when he ate me. Like a meal he had been waiting for all day. I felt too good. But I felt too bad.