The Start

There was something super hot in the way he had her trapped between her front door and his body. He leans his forehead on hers, she breathes in the smell of rum and weed on his breath. The deep rush of heat between her legs alerts her to how badly she really wanted this boy.

They had been on off for so long, between partners and rebounds. The tension between was always being pushed aside for the other one, both scared to push the boundaries of their dynamic that far.

Their lips almost meet, but he pulls back. Weary of her state of intoxication, terrified of making her feel used as everyone else before him had. He knew, every little detail, after all he was there to pick up the pieces of her heart.

Much like, she had done for him. Failed relationships, unrequited love. They had experienced it all. Helped each other through it all. It was scary how often they had to talk each other off the ledge, their demons always claiming them at the worst of times.

There were too many nights,  spent together but alone.

And then his lips press to hers, fingers tangle in hair, fists grab shirt. Feverish kisses scattered on flesh,the dam they built full of desire washing over them.

Her legs grip his hips, he moans into her ear as she places an open mouthed kiss just below his ear. She fumbles with his pants, his hands grab hers, pinning them to her sides. She needed this more than life itself.

"I can't."

He drops her, no apology, just walks away. She struggles to breathe, choking on sobs as they destroy her.