3.

After the long journey they finally reached the Castle. People were greeting them cheerfully and were giving weird glances to the dirt covered girl. Conscious about her state she pulled closer to Charles and despite the smell he didn't mind to share his warmth with her.

-Maids! Chris yelled as soon as they passed the inside doors. Take care of the young lady. Clean her up, feed and give her a room. She's been thorugh a lot. He commanded and surprised Camilla with a warm glance.

-See he's not bad. He was just in a bad mood, his middeling in your village justice will cause him trouble.

Charles gave her half a smile and she felt bad for judging the prince so fast.

-I'm so sorry.

-Don't worry. It's nothing he can't take. And nothing we can't help him with. Charles rassured her and let the maids take her away.

-Your Majesty, did you miss me? Chris turned around at the feline like voice and a smile broke on his face as he took in the golden haired woman. Julia, a nobel's man daughter .She's known for her beautiful looks and even Christian couldn't resist her for very long. They ended up having a secret romance,since they're not supposed to bed before the wedding. But no one respected this rule in the Castle. No one but Charles, of course. But he has his reasons.

-You can't even imagine. He sighed as she circled her arms around his neck. He needed her comfort, especially after his dad lectured him for that girl they saved. He'll have to be on the nocturn duty for the next month. Guard the Castle in the cold of the februar. He kissed Julia, wanting to feel warm before he had to head out. He only just came back and wanted to rest, but his punishement started the same evening. He knew that his friends would eventually replace him, but he'll have to go there for at least the whole week so that no one will be suspicious. Then the second week will be Charles ans the third Ryan. They always shared their punishements, but he was still frustrated to have one to begin with.

Charles wanted to thank his friend for what he did for him and that girl, but as he heard the noises coming out his room he decided to come by some other time. He was surprised to see that his friend had enough strenght to please a woman after their trip. With a chuckled he walked away forgetting about Ryan who was surely busy doing the same.

Sometimes he hapened to get jealous of his friends, and maybe even think about finding a woman to himself, who would warm his bed at night. But then he would remember to what it could lead:

A bastard.

That was exactly what he was. He had to put up with this life until he reached 18. It was hard and painful. Every bit of it. His mother was killed for giving birth to him, and he wished a million of times for them to give him the same fate. But when he reached his seventeenth year, his older brother, the legal son of his dad, passed away from an illness. He was relieved at that. His brother was his main tourmentor, especially since he was jealous of his friendship with the royal boy. His abuse didn't even match the one his step mother would give him, not to talk about the other people and the humiliation he had to go through on dayly basis. He had the looks though. He was well build, tall, brown locks and clear eyes but just the memory of his childhood was enough for him to stay away from any woman. He was finally named after his father at the age of 18 and formally accepted at the Court as Sir Charles Dashwood. And there was no way he would do something to get back into that pit of shame he had to go through. Nor conceve a child who could get the same fate. 

That's why he felt so bad for that girl, he knew what it was: public humiliation. He knew how it felt to have people want you dead. He couldn't have possibly left her there. 

Where he was a man and could at least fight away stupid people, she was unable to protect herself and he felt the need to do it. He won't let anyone lay a finger on the poor girl, exactly because he knew how it felt not to have anyone by your side.