beach party

When I woke up my parents had already left. I was excited about the party. After a couple of hours of relaxing, I slipped into my bathing suit and called Courtney. We texted everyone in our phone's list and told them the party is staring in two hours and to tell everyone. I got all the decorations set up. By the time I put the Hola-girl sign in front of my driveway people were starting to show up. 

The whole place looked amazing. I smiled admiring my work. 

"Hey Hailey." my friend Rachel said. 

"Hi"

"Nice party, I love the decor."

"thanks, Have you seen by the beach yet?"

"Noo, Thats part of it too?!" 

"Ya come on." I grabbed Rachels arm and we ran to the beach. 

"WOW" She exclaimed when we got there. 

All the decorations I had bought really pulled off. It looks awesome! Some other people came over and started talking to us but I didn't really know them. After a nice chat about how are summer's were going I decided to leave.

"I'm gonna find Courtney" I said.

"Alright" They all replied. 

I was looking around when I was lifted into the air. It took me a minute to realize who it was. 

"Darren, Put Me down!" I giggled.

"I'm planning to" He responded. 

It took me a moment to realized what he was going to do. He was heading towards the ocean. I began screaming and flayling around. He just laughed. When he was ankle deep in the ocean he threw in. When I came up I started splashing towards him. He ran out of the water. 

I started running towards him, "I just want a hug Darren!"

He gave in and gave me a great big hug. He got soaked in the process.

Him and me went and found a couple of other people to play volleyball. When Darren and I scored we would high five each other. It was a really fun game. Darren and I are great as a team. By the end the score was 25 to 9. 

Darren and I creamed them. :) 

"You Hungary, Hail?" Darren asked. He gave me that nickname last year, he's the only person that calls me Hail.

"Ya, What about you Darrdarr?" That's what I call him when he uses my nickname.

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. "Let's eat!" 

We walked over to the tables with food on it. we each grabbed a plate and filled it up. His plate looked like it was going to overflow. After we got all the food we wanted we sat down in the sand. By this time ithe sun was already setting. It looked really nice. It was one of those moments that were just perfect. The only problem, moments don't last forever.

"Hail" Darren said sounding worried.

I turned my head towards him.

"Your house is on fire" 

I looked behind me. Sure enough, My house was on fire. I grabbed my cell-phone and dialed 911.

"Hello whats your emergency?" The lady on the other line asked.

"My House Is On Fire!!" I yelled.

"Stay calm, help is own it's way." She replied.

Darren and I watched as the flames grew higher and higher. It was weird too, Not the whole house was on fire. Just the kitchen area and the lawn near it. I then remembered I left the stove on. I mentally slapped myself. The fire station didn't take that long to get there. Within ten minutes the fire was out and I was standing in a burnt kitchen. 

"WHAT ARE MY PARENTS GONNA SAY?!" I asked Courtney.

"Um, I dunno. Well See ya later." She said walking away.

She wasn't even that upset. Urgh! She was really bratty sometimes. I walked into my room and slumped on my bed. Should I call my parents or wait for them to come home and find this... I picked up the phone thinking they can't punish me until they get home.

"Hailey?" My mom asked.

"Hi Mom." I responded.

"Is everything alright?"

"not quite"

"What? What happened?"

"Um, Well. There was this accident and..."

"Are You Ok?!?"

"Ya, I'm fine. It's just.."

"Just What?!"

"The Kitchen burnt down."

I closed my eyes waiting for the yelling.

"Your father and I will punish you when we get home. Your in alot of trouble young lady."

"ok, sorry mom" I said hanging up the phone.

The rest of the weekend went by slow. I kept wondering what they were going to do to me. Grounded for life? No car? No phone? Maybe they would just lock me in the basement, no not really but I was worried about the punishment I had coming. Sunday afternoon rolled around and they finally came home. 

"Hailey, You home?"  My dad called.

"Ya"  I answered.

I walked downstairs and saw my parents eyeing the kitchen.

"You ready for your punishment?" My dad direct to me.

I nodded. 

"Community Service." 

"WHAT?!? That's not a punishment, that's what criminals do!"

"Well, You need to learn so responsibility. Starting tomorrow, You will pick up trash on the highway with some other community service participants."

"THAT'S NOT FAIR!" I complained.

"Lifes not fair missy. Start dealing with it." My dad finished.