First Queen II

CHAPTER ONE

"In the thundering rain," I sang while winding my hips around.

Pam sang along with her drank in hand. She turned around so that her backside was to mine then began to grind against me. We turned our attention to the women watching us from the lower level. They were so green with envy that it was humorous. They seemed to be so fed up with us that they eventually left out of the building.

The music and drinks only got better from there. This club had been open so long that it felt like the party was never going to end. The drinks kept coming and we didn't even have to put any cash down. Word got around that I was Tyga's girlfriend  and the club owner had my girls and I living it up on his tab.

Pam and Maliah were my girls from around the way. We met up one night while they were out together, and had a nice talk. The three of us were too much to handle whenever we got together. Some people thought that we were flat out wild and that was the truth. I loved being around them when I needed some good advice or a good time.

Maliah and I knew one another from middle school. She held my secrets and I held hers, but she moved away before high school registration. I had no close friends in high school. That is where Pam came into the picture but she ended up going to school, getting married, and building a family of her own.

I, on the other hand, graduated then shortly after got pregnant. That is where I began stressing so dancing came into the picture. Although my dancing days were over, I had no problem breaking them out for my boyfriend every once in a while. I'd be lying if I said he didn't enjoy every single bit of my shows. He was so in love with me that I just wanted to make him happy every day.

I walked away from my girls after feeling my phone vibrate in my clutch. I walked over to the corner of the club then looked at the many missed calls. It was definitely time to go home. The time caught my attention and my eyes bugged. Michael was at home worried about me while I partied the night away.

Immediately, I grabbed Pam away from Maliah then showed her my call log. Her husband didn't even want her going out tonight but she insisted on it. The surprised expression showed me that she had sobered up pretty quickly. We gathered our things, then rushed out of the club.

It seemed that we weren't going to be let go that easily. The women from earlier argued from across the street as we walked to the car. We paid them no mind as we tried to hold one another one up. Maliah drank so much that it was taking the two of us to hold her up, but we could barely do that.

"Could you please get it together?" I asked, slamming into the wall from her weight.

The shouting from across the street continued but we were over it. After realizing we would not be entertaining their games, they disappeared. Finally, we made it to the car and Pam got it started. This wasn't the best idea.

"We can just stay at your house, Pam."

We made it to Pam's house and Maliah passed out on the sofa after spilling her liquor into the toilet. I was so tired but I knew that if I kept my phone on, I would get no sleep. Michael would only make my headache worse if I answered him.

I walked into Pam's kitchen, startled to see her drinking a concoction she had put together. I grabbed the cup and chugged the rest of it. She kissed her teeth before snatching it from my grasp. We shared a light laugh as she washed it out.

"Lai, I had the best time tonight. I may be sleeping in the guest room tonight but I don't even care. Tonight was amazing! It reminded me of my college days. Thank you and get some sleep. I'll drive you home in the morning."

"All right." She left out and I walked to my very uncomfortable place on the sofa.

My bed was what I honestly preferred but I knew if I continued to do this to him, he would grow tired and another woman would fill that spot. I didn't want another woman in his arms, filling my space, listening to his heartbeat.

He loved me so much that I just wanted to give him so much more. I knew I was capable of treating him a lot better but my selfish ways never allowed me to do that. From day one I made everything about me and I wanted to do better. I needed to do better.

"Get in here and eat this food," Pam said to her two year old son, Deangelo. He continued to run around on his small feet, laughing. She sighed heavily while picking the plate up then tossing the food into the trash bin.

"Babe, I'm going to run them home." Pam said to her husband.

He gave her a side eye before walking down the hall to retrieve their son. Pam threw her hands up and Maliah shook her head. She had the worst hangover so that simple movement made her head pound even more. She groaned while following behind us.

The ride was silent because neither of us were in the mood to communicate. All of our soulmates were angry with us. Maliah had not mentioned her man but I knew he was probably tripping as well. Something told me that he was because she was avoiding going home.

Pam stared at her phone. "L, could you run Maliah home? I have to get back home."

"Sure," I agreed.

She dropped us off then sped off, leaving smoke. I chuckled before going up to the door but it swung open, and Malasia ran up to me. She jumped in my arms.

"Mommy, my teeth!" She showcased a crispy dollar bill. I smiled while kissing her face.

"Good girl!"

Michael was nowhere to be found as I walked in. I sent Malasia upstairs then collected my keys to drive Maliah home. We walked out then hopped into my car. She laid the seat back as I drove off. Something deep inside of me told me to not take her home, but I knew there was problems at her home to be resolved as well as mine.

The sound of the car riding, smoothly, along the humps of the road calmed us. I focused on the road ahead of me as Maliah stared into blank space. She opened her mouth but closed it.

"What were you going to say?" I inquired.

She sat up, using her elbows for support. "That I had the best time last night. My boyfriend may be mad at me but I enjoyed myself. Lately, I've been feeling so self-conscious but so many men offered me drinks last night. I got so many compliments and so many numbers. It made me feel like a whole new person to just open up and try something new. I may end up being cussed out for it but I'll never regret it at all."

I nodded my head. "I am so happy you enjoyed yourself, love. Call me if you need anything at all."

Maliah gave me a brief hug before gathering her belongings, then got out. I could see the blinds flutter, and I rolled down the window.

"Maliah," I called. She turned.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

I drove away, headed towards my home to be with my man and my baby.