To Cover up the Bruises Chapter 1

To Cover Up the Bruises 

Dearest Mommy, 

When are you coming home? I miss you. You told me four Christmas's ago that you'd be back soon, and left, but I never heard a word from you again. Mommy, Daddy doesn't love me. He says he does when he's inside me, but I don't believe him. How many Daddy's that love their daughter's do that to them? He uses me, mom. I miss you. It's been four years. I got to go now, Dad's home. 

Please come home. 

Love, 

Your Kenzikins

I stuck the cap of my ballpoint pen in my mouth out of habit, and pondered on whether or not to add more.

P.S. I love you.

Scratch that. I furiously scribbled the words out.

P.S. Merry Christmas.

I decided to stay with that, and set my pen door on the nightstand. I closed up my journal full of pleas for help and stuck it in its deserved place. My drawer. Hidden. I folded my hands in my laps and awaited the arrival of my father.

Footsteps shook the house as he stomped up the creaky house stairs.

My ears rang in endless terror as he shouted, "McKenzey! Are you home?!"

The little voice in my head whimpered in agony as she, too, knew what awaited us.

"R-Right Here..." I replied, as quietly as a mouse.

The door hinges threatened to burst as he banged angrily on my bedroom door.

The room shook.

"Let me the FUCK in!"

"Coming, daddy" Was all that managed to escape my lips as I crossed the room.

I unlocked the deadbolt.

Almost instantaneously, the door swung open and I could see his face.

Hatred written all over it.

His massive hand coiled out and came in contact with my pale, white cheek. Sure to leave a bruise.

I stared blankly at his face, and stifled my screams.

"You love your daddy, don't you?" He sneered.

I nodded my head the best I could, for my facial muscles ached from previous blows.

"Answer me, you little bitch." He demanded.

"Yes, I love you, daddy." I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Like you mean it." He reached out once again, and slapped the tender muscle of my right arm.

"I love you, daddy." I choked out, holding back my tears.

"You better," He scoffed, "But your daddy don't have time tonight to let you show him."

And with that, he stormed out of my room.

The door stood wide open, and wouldn't budge when I attempted to close it.

"Damn it..."I muttered, shoving my 'good' shoulder into it so it eased, and shut. I bolted the door shut again, and limped sleepily back to my bed.

I sat down, and cautiously reached over to flick off the light switch.

Dark.

Silence.

My eyelids grew heavy, and I wearily pulled the covers up over my shoulders.