Chapter 7- I Know it Hurts

Start from the beginning

Gervais knew she could be...cold, rude and apathetic- but a reputation as large as having Brutus want her in his ranks? He was proud of her, but very wary. 

She shrugged a shoulder, taking a sip of her coffee. "It gives me something to do. And I like having people around sometimes" 

He heard what she didn't say. Because you're never here. 

He gathered his daughter in a hug, gritting his teeth as he felt her tense up. Hugs were always a sign of him coming home or leaving- and this one was sadly the latter. 

"Everything I do is for you Snowflake. Be safe with them- and call me as soon as something happens" 

She would not be hurt again. Especially after living through a childhood like hers. 

Her grip tightened around him before she let go- pushing past him and picking up his briefcase. "I will dad. I love you"

Gervais picked up his briefcase, walking out the door before turning. His heart breaking as he watched her quickly try to blink her tears away. 

"I love you more." 

And then he left, feeling an inescapable distance come between them with very step he took. 

Everything I do is for Snow. Gervais repeated this in his head and kept repeating it, even as a tear ran down his cheek at leaving his daughter again. 

Gervais knew the only reason she had been hurt last time was because he had left. And he hadn't been back in time to stop it. 

__

Her gift came ten minutes after Gervais left- a trainer walking up her flashy, fountain headed driveway with a hulking, ferocious looking dog that Snow immediately took a liking too. 

"Are you Snow Black?" The man's eyes remained on her chest for a tad longer than usual- and Snow was in no mood to be eye-fucked. 

"Yes. Now look at my face instead of spending all your time with my tits" 

The man went red and handed her a file. She signed it off and took the leash from him, slamming the door in his face after her dog was safely inside. 

She looked him over- from his big, untrusting brown eyes, to his big strongly muscled black body. 

A huge, completely black Rottweiler  that came a bit above her waist. 

He was beautiful. The dog gave her his own analysis, backing up a few steps as soon as Snow let go of his leash. 

"You're beautiful aren't you big boy?" She cooed lowly, inching forward slowly. He kept his eyes on her and pawed the marble floor, flinching back from her outstretched hand. 

"It's alright. I'll keep you safe. Even better, I'll love you more than anyone in this world" Her hand came to touch his wet snout, gently letting him sniff her hand. 

"I'm lonely too. I'll love you. Love you very much" 

After a long few moments the dog seemed to understand her, walking forward until his face came to hers. Her lips curved in a slight smile, hands smoothing out his soft, ebony coat. 

He sensed the truth in her words and pushed on her hands, finally understanding what an owner felt like. 

She crouched closer to him and sighed into his coat. 

"My big barbaric looking boy." Snow paused, the name twisting on her tongue. "Yeah. You're name is Baric" 

Baric whined, an acceptance of his name. 

________

She was late to school- as expected- and walked in with a slight bounce in her step. Baric was fine at home, walking around the place and settling into the large bed Snow had immediately gone and bought with him. 

So cute was her big Baric.     (A/N This is some Yoda sounding shit)

"What are you doing out of class?" A voice harped, bringing her down nearly immediately. She turned slowly, running a hand through her waist length hair. 

"I'm walking around Mrs Fathom" New teacher. Didn't know her place. 

The more than chubby teacher huffed, big breaths of either her struggling as she walked or frustration at Snow. "Mind your tongue young lady" 

She arched a perfectly groomed brow. "You should mind your tongue Miss. Judging by the extra weight you're packing" 

The plum looking woman turned a deep red, mouth dropping open. Snow liked to go places where other people wouldn't- especially women's weight. Some other favourites included; intelligence, dick sucking, basic bitches and the ever hurtful- daddy problems. Even if she had a few herself. 

Snow turned away from the woman and carried on to English, raising a middle finger. "My name is Snow Black. If you want to talk to the department about my horrid behaviour. Then you can deal with my dad" 

Snow was met with silence- and she allowed herself to smile. Bitch wouldn't be talking at all. 

"that was quite a roast back there little lady" Mavon said, stepping from the shadows. Snow scoffed as he fell into step next to her, shrugging a shoulder. "I've never been called little before" 

Mavon turned until their eyes met, Snow nearly the same height as him. "If you're shorter than me, you're little." 

The corner of her mouth tilted up, the first near smile Mavon had ever seen on her. And it was nearly breathtaking- apart from the fact he was into dick and not titties. 

"I got a dog" She murmured out of the blue, the first initiation of conversation he had heard from her too. 

"Yeah, what sort?" 

She fully smiled then- a large, wide grin that lit up her face and infected Mavon's own face too. If any man was in the halls when she smiled- Mavon didn't doubt that all of them would have fallen in love. Deeply. 

"A big, black rottweiler. His name is Baric" 

"Baric?" 

Her eyes slid to him. "As in, Barbaric" 

Only Snow would do that. He stopped her with a hand to her shoulder, remembering what he had to say. 

"Sorry to rain on your parade, but Brutus wants to see you tonight" 

And judging by the amount of whiskey that his brother had been going through- it was serious. 

Snow folded her arms over her chest, eyes narrowing. "What for?" 

Mavon shrugged, checking the time. "No idea. He said be there by eight tonight" 

She considered this for a moment, tying her hair up in a messy bun. "Wanna come see my dog at eight?" 

Mavon grinned, already mentally counting how much glasses Brutus would be going through waiting for her. "Sure. I'll drop you at Brutus' later" 

She turned away from him and walked inside the class, hand raising in good bye, apathetic to the teacher who started mouthing off at her.

Mavon shook his head, understanding a little more on why his brother was hooked.