CHAPTER 4: SPEEDWAGON SURPRISE

Eliza left that room with her head held high despite a rather heated argument with Joseph. As her body drifted through the door she saw several Speedwagon personnel rush in, carrying a stretcher and some medical equipment that she didn't recognize. She walked down the near identical corridors, not caring about Joseph's 'overreaction' as she called it. Sure, Angelica had passed out, and granted it was entirely Eliza's fault...but she didn't mind, nor did she care. Angelica was a pain, a nuisance and something she wanted little to do with. Eliza had rationalized all of this despite their mere twelve hours spent together. She sighed as she approached her room, before closing the door behind her, blocking out the world as best she could.

Angelica woke up hours later in an empty room, lying on a bed. She groaned as she shifted her weight, still a bit groggy from earlier. As her eyes slowly forced themselves open she was greeted with a small table by her bed, on the wooden table was a bottle of water and a pile of paper. Oh great, she thought, just what I wanted. She had passed out after being given to a strange old man and some girl, been put into some room with a bed, had her head slammed into a different table and the worst part was she had paperwork to read...damn it. After a few minutes of internal debate Angelica hauled her body out of bed, slowly shambling toward the table. She lazily sat down and yawned, stretching again as she did.

After she recovered she picked up the document, the front reading 'CONFIDENTIAL: ANGELICA WEAVER' and a much less formal sticky note just beneath it reading 'read the document you idiot XOXO Elizabeth'. Well at least she's trying Angelica thought, a smile briefly crossing her lips before she opened the document and skimmed it. It was full of names and references she had no idea of. England in the 1880s? 1938? Pillar men and something about 'stands'? Angelica just put the document down and sighed, kneading her head and attempting to process the...weirdness. So apparently, vampires were real and could only be defeated by martial arts based on energy from the sun? Anything with that in the first paragraph was going to seem odd to anyone. But she persevered and kept reading, slowly starting to understand it...well parts of it. She made a mental note to ask Joseph or 'weird girl' when she got the first chance both who and what a 'Dio' was. As well as a 'pillar man'. They seemed pretty deadly though, according to the document. Once again, she made another mental note to ask. Angelica sighed quietly and stared at the ceiling, talking to herself 'Ceiling, why am I reading a weird story about vampires and breath ninjas and ancient south American gods? What did I do to deserve this? And why am I talking to the ceiling, I mean I know I'm desperate for an outside opinion but come on me...get a grip' She sighed again, taking a sip of water, scowling angrily at the ceiling due to its lack of response. After venting for another few minutes, she heard a knock on her door, oddly quiet though. Angelica walked over, before asking who was on the other side. She was greeted with an unfamiliar male voice, saying in a rather monotoned voice 'I'm from the Speedwagon foundation, there're fresh clothes for you out here, they'll all fit so don't worry. If you need anything just call'. After a pleasant thank you from Angelica she took the time to consider 'how does he know my sizes...that's creepy' and opened the door, grabbed her clothes and promptly closed the door again.

What she found actually seemed to be quite cute she thought. There was a nice white long sleeved top with a cat face on the front and a little tale printed onto the back. She slipped on the shirt and surprisingly enough it did fit. It was a little baggy but that's how she liked it. Next was a large white jumper with the word 'Angel' embroider on the front, and a wing design on the back. She slipped it on and admired how snuggly it made her feel. She cuddled herself to get a true sense for how soft it was, burying herself in her soft jumper. Next in her quickly shortening pile was a pair of light blue skinny jeans, to which she promptly put on. She smiled and moved her fingers daintily between each loop on her jeans, as a belt clearly wasn't required. The only things left now was some socks (just plain white, like the rest of her outfit) and her shoes. Her shoes were black and had a slight heel to them, some of the material wrapping around her ankle. She was done. She smiled to herself one more time and ran her hands through her silky white hair, as it fell just below her shoulders. She smiled a little more devilishly as she felt a lack of knots or clumps. And with that newly found vigor she soldiered out of her bedroom, mentally preparing herself for whatever challenges that may lay ahead.