Chapter 2: A Bizarre Meeting

Who would be knocking on the door? A thought that crossed Angelica's mind. She wondered, slipping on a large white hoodie and putting the hood up as she approached the door. She smiled at her own ingenious idea. now she could get away with not showing her messy hair. she quickly walked down the stairs, and opened the door, being met with a large old man, he looked kinda scary but Angelica just smiled and waved at him. As he sheepishly waved back she couldn't help but giggle. The sight of this man who must've been near two meters doing something so odd just made her happy. She didn't know what it was but something about him made her happy, she'd only seen him for a few seconds and he made her smile, that must be a good sign, right? Next to him was someone she didn't know how to react to. Angelica smiled at her but was met with a curious glance which made her feel awfully uncomfortable. She was wearing a black waistcoat, a red buttoned shirt underneath, black skinny jeans and boots. However, three things stood out to Angelica about her. 1: She had beautiful long blonde hair, probably down to the bottom of her back when she has it down but the ends of them weren't that lovely blonde colour. They were a dark crimson red. As she tucked her shirt down a little, Angelica saw her hands. Well she tried to, but Eliza had gloves on her hands. A red fingerless one on her right hand and a black one on her left. Her gloves had feint lettering on them, but It couldn't be made out. Lastly, she saw a black velvet choker on her neck, with the letters 'LIZ' wrote in red. 'That's probably her name' Angelica thought. After staring her visitors, she asked them what they were here for, then promptly apologized for the weather. The man answered first, laughing her apology, shaking his head he said with quite the distinct English accent 'No need to say sorry, we are here for your mother, could you please call her?'. She shook her head and looked at his chest not wanting to look in his eyes as a pang of guilt rose in her. I'm sorry sir but mum's out right now...umm if you're ok with waiting I'm sure she'll be back soon'. He looked a little confused but soon brushed it off, before smiling again and waving at the girl outside. They then both walked in as they were showed to nearby chairs and a table, through a short hallway. The girl kept looking at everything intently, it really creeped Angelica out. She didn't want her here, nor did she particularly want strangers here, but especially her, especially 'LIZ'. She looked like a bad person. Thankfully she didn't have to let the chairs get too wet as her mum was back soon.

Eliza sat there and took off her gloves, before looking at Joseph as he nodded to her. Eliza sighed quietly and looked at the table as she said a pre-prepared statement with little enthusiasm. 'Ma'am we come here on behalf of the Speedwagon Foundation, and we would like to extend to you an offer that we believe would be incredibly beneficial to you and your daughter.' She looked at the woman who was clearly terrified. She looked to be an incredibly average woman, albeit a little soft around the edges. Short brown hair just down to her shoulders, clad in a loose top and jeans....average, except for her eyes. They were an odd grey colour. A detail most would overlook, but not Eliza. Before she was able to continue the speech, Joseph cut her off abruptly. 'I'm so sorry for that Maria...what my partner meant was Angelica is being offered a place of specialized education. One that will benefit her and make her happy...but it's quite a long way away, so we need to ask you first'. He looked at Maria with those kind eyes of his as she nervously nodded. Joseph continued his impromptu interruption 'and we need to record your agreement to this, if that's ok with you of course. Just a few signatures and we'll be off' The woman, Maria just nodded nervously. Joseph got up and handed her a small piece of paper and a pen. Maria signed it shortly after reading it, although her hand wouldn't stop shaking. Eliza looked at Joseph a little annoyed as she clearly wasn't told everything about this woman or the girl from earlier. He rather uncharacteristically looked concerned and gave Maria a hug shortly after the papers were signed. Eliza was able to steal a glance at the document but saw nothing useful. She clung to him tightly as Joseph kept hugging her. Eliza eft the two of them to themselves as she walked out of the room. What on Earth could be so important about some random girl?

----Time Skip----

Eliza nudged Joseph as they walked out of the house towards a van, the Speedwagon logo thankfully on the side. She looked at him sternly and did an awful job of hiding her discontent 'What the hell is this Joseph, and who the hell is that?' she almost shouted, jamming her finger into his chest as the girl, Angelica was hurried into the van. 'She is a potential stand user, that's all you need to know', he replied sternly as he moved her finger away from his chest. she just glared as she got in, keeping quiet despite the many questions and mutterings Eliza heard from both Joseph and the girl. Stupid old man she thought, how dare he keep this from me. How dare he keep something from me? His partner? Well fine then, he can keep his secrets, I'll find out sooner rather than later what's so important about her.