Mark

Mark woke up to the familiar sound of his bedside clock alarm. He groaned loudly as he aggressively hit the snooze button and buried his head in the pile of cushions.

He grabbed for his phone to scroll through Instagram - the usual morning routine - when he noticed a text.

It was from that boy that spoke to him last night. He didn't really want to talk to him, even though Jackson seemed quite eager to get to know him. He's probably one of those people who loves being around others, Mark thought, he exact people I don't want to get to know.

He ignored the text. He wasn't going to reply. What for? It will only encourage this Jackson guy to talk to him more. Hell, he didn't even know how he looked. It's best not to trust people on the internet, Mark thought sarcastically, repeating what every middle-aged teacher has ever told him.

The alarm echoed around the quiet room once again, scaring Mark at first. He switched it off and jumped out of bed effortlessly and got ready for yet another day of school.

Mark was in his last year of school. He couldn't wait to leave the unpleasant teachers and the smelly rooms. He wanted to break free and hope to never see another essay assignment ever again.

He didn't know what he wanted to do when he left, but as long as it was away from school, he was cool with it. In all honesty, he wanted to be a rapper, but he felt stupid for even thinking that was possible as everyone around him never believed in anything he did. He sighed. He would probably just do whatever his parents will tell him.

As he prepared for his morning shower, he heard another ping coming from his phone. He sighed yet again and looked at it.

"Jesus! Does this Jackson guy never stop?" he asked out loud, receiving a loud "What?!" from his mother downstairs.

"Nothing!" he yelled back in response as he set his phone back down on the sink side and turned the hot water on.

As the hot water danced over his back, his mind was wondering and he couldn't help but think about Jackson. Who was he? Why was he interested?