Part 3

Yoda stepped outside into the warm Coruscant air. He was meeting Obi-Wan Kenobi after several months of the jedi's recovery. A transport ship gracefully glided towards the temple, and stopped in front of the grandmaster. Something powerful broke through his thoughts, a powerful Force-presence. Being the only person getting off at the temple, the injured jedi stepped out of the transport, and Yoda located the signature. It was Kenobi.

"Master Yoda, it is good to see you again," Obi-Wan smiled warmly. It had been a few months since he had last seen the wizened jedi. The Coruscant sunlight glowed on his face as he walked over to Yoda.

Stepping forward, the grandmaster shook hands with Obi-Wan, who gladly presented his right hand. "I got Dr. Tu-Shwana's approval. He didn't think I would be able to move my arm. It was fun to prove him wrong," the jedi general winked, emitting a little of his pent up humor.

Obi-Wan followed Yoda towards his home and paused to marvel at the architectural wonder. He had missed the temple, and he was relived to be returning. Yoda began to inform him on the changes that had occurred since he had last been there.

They entered the home of the jedi, and one of the jedi in the hallway greeted in delightful surprise, "Master Kenobi, you're back in action!"

"Thank you, Master Twisu," Obi-Wan bowed to the Togruta.

"We have much to catch up on," came her reply.

"Yes," the wizened jedi agreed. "Meet us in the council meeting, will you this evening, Master Kenobi?"

"Yes, Master Yoda," Obi-Wan answered. The grandmaster gave a small hmm before leaving Obi-Wan in the hallway. He gave a swift goodbye and began to make his way to his quarters, acknowledging several friends on the way. Including a group of overly-excited younglings.

"Master Kenobi! Master Kenobi! You're back!" a chorus of eager shouts called to him.

"Hello, younglings. It is good to see you," he told them.

"He said he was glad to see us!" a small, female youngling whispered delightfully to her friend. It made Obi-Wan smile.

"I must be on my way, but I will come see you later," the general promised, and the younglings practically exploded with enthusiasm.

Just as he turned around to leave, a whirl of brown crashed into him almost knocking him off of his feet.

"Anakin! Wow, you're about to send me back to the medical center!" Obi-Wan grinned at the young jedi knight.

"Sorry Master, but you're back! How's your arm? I heard that you couldn't move it." Anakin returned the grin when the jedi master laid his right hand on his shoulder. His padawan began to ramble on about everything that happened since his injury. Too soon, the sun gave up its failing battle and drained into the clouds.

"I must go Anakin. The council needs me, but it is to be back home," Obi-Wan gently interrupted.

The man deflated a little before responding with an understanding "okay".

General Kenobi made his way to the high council. When he arrived, he quietly opened the doors and moved to take his seat next to Ki-Adi-Mundi. The other jedi masters were discussing an upcoming battle and the reports that the jedi knight there had made. This issue was quickly wrapped up. It was replaced by one from Kit Fisto.

While the other council members continued the conversation, the grandmaster thought back to the discussion he had with Mace Windu earlier day. Blinds were drawn over windows, blocking out the lights and sounds from the world outside, leaving the room peacefully calm.

"Master Windu, a story I have. Back from the medical center, Master Kenobi is. Found something strange, I did. When he came off the transport, a powerful Force signature, I felt. Different it is. Stronger, brighter. A mystery this was to me," Yoda told his longtime friend.

Mace thought for a moment before replying. "Well, I certainly don't have an answer. Could it be from his strong need for the Force for so long? There is no way that he could have been able to recover from the injury without the Force. It is something that few jedi can do. How strong is his signature now? Surely it isn't more powerful than yours."

Yoda nodded slightly. "Not quite, but almost as strong, it is."

Mace's eyes widened in astonishment, "But it isn't possible to gain Midi-chlorians."

Yoda replied, "Understand this, I do not. Hide his new-found power from the sith, we must. Endanger Master Kenobi, it would."

"Agreed."

"-tracked the pirates to the Nal Hutta system," Master Tiin finished.

"I will go," Kenobi offered.

"But you just got back from the medical center," Eeth Koth protested.

"Send another jedi, we will Master Kenobi. Wish for you to stay at the temple and train, I do. Been away from combat too long I believe you have. Train more you must." Yoda said.

"Yes, Master," Obi-Wan nodded.

"I would like to see you in training later as well," Mace told the general, and began to carry on the conversation before anyone could think too deeply about his request.

Obi-Wan Kenobi's eyebrows twitched in curiosity, but he let it slide.

A light buzz was followed by a life size hologram in the center of the room. It was a jedi on a mission at the Suevio system, a relatively "normal" planet covered in forests and waterways. The Separatists were attacking the natives of the Republic planet, and so the GAR came to defend them. It is a war, after all. Obi-Wan thought.

"It is not going very smoothly here. With about 1,000 troops to begin with, we've done well, but the Separatists are fighting hard. I regret to report 250 clones taken by those cursed droids, either dead or wounded. We need more help here," the jedi knight explained.

After the comment, Obi-Wan watched Yoda think about the best possible way to solve this. "Ask to send more troops, we will. May the Force be with you."

"May the Force be with you all as well," the man replied to the council, scanning the room. His eyes rested on Obi-Wan's before widening in astonishment. "Master Kenobi, you're back!"

"It seems so," the jedi general chuckled. He knew he and Anakin were well known in the temple because of their efforts in the Clone Wars, but he was surprised by the number of people that noticed he was back at the temple.

The room darkened as the jedi disconnected the signal. At this, the high council stood up as one. Obi-Wan followed the other masters out of the room. One of them followed him.

"Master Plo," Kenobi nodded politely.

"Master Kenobi," the jedi master returned, "I was curious about something. Ever since you have returned from your recovery, I have felt a strong presence in the Force, centered around you. I've never seen anything like it."

The duo passed several rooms, all filled with different purposes. Obi-Wan's face mirrored the shock that Yoda had felt when he first met with him. "I-I didn't know. Why- I mean, it's not like I'm the Chosen One," his eyebrows furrowed.

"I have no answer, Master Kenobi," Plo Koon's deep voice agreed.

"Well, maybe the Force will," Obi-Wan suggested. "Would you care to meditate with me?

"I would be glad to." The pair made their way over to the Room of a Thousand Fountains, a

place in the temple where jedi came to meditate. It was a calm, relaxing room, overlooking the beautiful lights of Coruscant.

Plo Koon settled down next to Kenobi, and together, they sank into the Force.

I was planning for this story to be really short, but I couldn't stop so it continued. I am busy with writing other things at the moment, so I cut it short. I a currently planning to do a sequel, but I don't know how soon I will get to it. Thanks for reading it all the way through!

-Obi-Wan01