Content with Life

Evan grabbed onto my hand, his hand was big and warm, giving me the comfort I needed. Gently he slipped the white gold ring around my finger. The minute it was set in place, he looked at me, meeting my gaze and smiling from ear to ear. His eyes were warm pools of happiness, drawing me in. At that moment I forgot I had a task to do as well, causing a few people in the room to snicker. Snapping out of my daze I grabbed onto his hand and also slipped a white gold ring around his finger, a sign of him belonging to me. We were announced husband and wife to our friends and family which made them cheer, letting us know they were as excited about this as we were.

***

Laurel sat down beside me, a grin spread across her face as she leaned in.

"I need to tell you something."

Her giddy mood was contagious or it was the fact I had a few glasses of champagne, either way, I was getting as excited as her about the subject and I didn't even have a freaking clue what she wanted to tell me.

"Tell me, tell me."

She scanned the room as if she was afraid she'd be spilling classified information which could potentially harm her. She leaned in to whisper to me.

"I've met someone." She told me thinking she was being quiet, but I was sure she announced it to our table which made Emily and Nick shake their heads and try hard not to laugh at the drunk Laurel. I was on the same page as them.

"Laurel." I whispered back, actually lowering my voice, "You're not being quiet at all." I let her know and giggled when she looked surprised and scanned the room again, her cheeks flushed when she realized I was right, "So who did you meet?" I asked her curiously, "There aren't many people around. So he must be close to Evan."

"Daniel."

Memories flooded back to me as I remembered the brown haired male who kissed me straight on the mouth only to mess with Evan. He was playing around, the kind of guy who was still figuring out what he wanted in life and along the way, he broke a few hearts. I didn't want Laurel to fall into the broken heart category. She looked excited though, her eyes telling me she was happy right now. I couldn't take that away from her. Instead of telling her the truth I smiled, pretending to be perfectly okay with it. I'd have a talk with Evan later so he could do something about it. I knew guys sometimes had that kind of conversation when it concerned a woman they cared about.

"Daniel, is fun to be around with, right?" I asked, trying to pry without flat out asking questions about what they were up to.

"He is." Laurel agreed, "We did shots a few seconds ago and he's amazing on the dance floor." Lauren reached for my hand and dragged me out of my chair with her, "Speaking of which we should hit the dance floor and dance like we just don't give a fuck."

I let Laurel drag me onto the dance floor and tried to let go, having fun with my girl and not caring about what other people would think of us. My wedding dress restricted my movement but I still had a great time. Evan who was also on the dance floor, goofing around with Priscilla and his friends grabbed onto my waist and dipped me low, pressing his lips to mine which made the people on the dance floor cheer. He helped me stand up straight and smiled at me, his smile mischievously hot. It promised me things which I couldn't repeat out loud. What I did know was that I wanted to get the fuck out of there and have some privacy with my husband. He knew what I was thinking, the dark flickering in his eyes telling me he was right there with me. Unfortunately, our friends wouldn't let us go, they claimed us, dancing the night away.

***

Evan trailed his hands over my legs, slowly moving them up toward my thighs. The feeling of his hands leaving a hot trail and his lips pressing up against my neck was causing me to lose my mind. My hands were clenched around the back of his shirt, ripping the material out of his pants while I moved frantically to find his belt buckle to undo it. Evan chuckled, the sound deep, vibrating through my entire body.