17- This is not how its supposed to be

MICHAEL-

I hold Vanessa in my arms in the pouring rain. Blood falls from the cut on her forehead as her head falls limp. Shit. I pick her up bridal style and look at the tree I call  my Mom. "Why?" I say. "Why in the fucking world would you do this to me Mama? Don't you see she's the love of my life?! I'm trying to make myself a better man and you won't even give me the chance!" I turn my back to her and run to my house.

I get inside and rest her soaking wet body on the couch and cover her with a blanket. I sit on the couch and pick up the phone. "Dalya! Get your ass over here now!" I practically yell into the receiver.

"Whoa, calm down Michael, what happened."

"Nessa fell out of a tree and hit her head. She isn't moving Dalya."

"Oh fuck." She says. --"Babe! What's wrong?"--  I hear Rider in the background behind Dalyas voice. "Get in the car! We are going somewhere" She says to Rider.

"Dalya! What the hell do I do?!" I say panicked. "Okay okay, make sure her head is propped and stay with her at all times you hear me?" I  nod.

"Good, we are on our way." She says and hangs up. I toss the phone into the chair and run my hands through my soaking wet hair.  What if she doesn't wake up? W-what if she dies hating me?

No. I can't have that. "We are supposed to graduate together. Get married and have a family." I weep. I kneel down next to her and take her cold hand to my lips. I swallow a lump forming in my throat. She isn't supposed to leave me. "This wasn't how it was supposed to be."

I move a curl from her forehead. "Don't you fucking leave me Nessa, do you hear me?" I take her hand and hold it to my mouth. "Don't fuckin leave me." I whisper as a tear streaks down my cheek. This was the first time I had cried. Since my Mom died I haven't felt an ounce of sadness. The feeling of anger overpowered all of my other emotions. Until she saved me.

But now without her here. I feel nothing.

"MICHAEL!" I hear Dalya yell from the front of the house. I wipe my tears from my cheek. I hold her hand still as I stand up. Dalya and Rider enter the living room. "Oh my god Mike, what did you do?" Dalya asks looking at the pale, dying looking Vanessa.

"I did nothing, don't go fuckin blaming this on me!" I say. "Well why weren't you with her?!" She retorts. "She ran from ME DALYA!"

"WELL SHE MUST OF HAD A GOOD REASON THEN! BECAUSE OF YOU SHE IS LYING, PRACTICALLY DEAD ON YOUR COUCH!" She screams in my face. If it wasn't for Rider holding her waist, holding her back, my head wouldn't be on my body.

"Rider, let me GO!" She yells. "Babe we don't need your screaming! It's not helping!" He says rubbing her head as she cries into his shoulder. "It will be okay." He whispers. I look at him and mouth the words -Thank you-. He nods in response. "We already called 911." He says. Dalya releases Rider and wipes her cheeks.

All we could do was wait. Wait for Nessa to wake up again.

................................................................................................................................

VANESSA

I float in darkness. Did I hit my head? I don't remember. Was I alive?I didn't have the answer for that either. All I remember is falling. For what felt like forever. I am still falling, or at least it feels like it.

I suddenly felt a stab of pain through my abdomen making me scream. But it goes away n a flash when my body slams onto ground. "Ouch," I rub my head standing up. I saw nothing but darkness. Was I dead?

I look around trying to find some source of light in this dark hellhole. It was freezing. So cold I could feel my hands losing circulation.

"Agh." I wince in pain.

"You had a rough fall my dear." I hear a voice. I look in the direction of the voice and see an elderly woman. She has caramel skin, short grey curly hair. And she was wearing a white robe. "Am I dead?" I ask the woman.

She looks at me and chuckles. "My dear you are far from dead." She says. "Who are you?" I ask.
She just smiles softly at me. "I think we have met before." She smiles showing me a photo of a tree.

My eyes widen. "Mrs Jackson?" I ask dumbfounded.

"Please dear." She smiles taking my hand. "Call me Katherine."

...........................................................
MICHAEL

It's been 12 hours.....

The ambulance came and took her to the hospital and not once did I leave her side.

I am not letting her go.

My eyes open and close due to the stress. And the fact I should have been asleep 3 hours ago.

I look at the clock by her bed.

3:30 am.

Fuck.

I rest my head on her bed and close my eyes. I grip her cold hand as I watch her sleep. I hope wherever she is right now. She knows not to leave me.

"Michael." I hear Janet's voice on the other side of the room. I look up and see her leaning on the doorway with her arms crossed.

"Mike it's been 12 hours."

"Don't you think I know that?" I sigh. "I just want her to wake up." I say.

She comes over to me and rests her hand on my head. "We all do. Mike...but you know what the doctor said. She's in a coma. They don't know when or if she will wake up."

I slap her hand away. "Don't you dare say that again Janet. She will wake up."
I look at her. "She has to."

"But what if she doesn't mike?" She asks.
I shake my head. "Then I don't know what I'll do with myself."

"Sounds like someone needs a little positivity!" Janet and my head jerks to the door.

A girl with dark chocolate skin, box braids and a giant smile plastered on her face looks at Janet and I.

"Camille?!" I ask in shock. 

"Good to see you too.......cousin."

TO BE CONTINUED......

Hey y'all! Hope you liked this chapter!
Hope Camille likes her guest appearance! She will be in the next few chapters so be ready!

New chapters every Friday!

Xoxo Emma