Chapter Three

Lisa's POV

My job really distracted me from everything and I was so thankful for it! Lauren saying she hated me broke my heart. It was like the worst thing I heard in a long time. I wanted so bad to pick her up. I wanted to sneak her out of that place and bring her home, cuddle with her the whole night and listen to her. I wanted to make her feel better, to play some music and dance until all of her worries are gone. I wanted to kiss her forehead and take all the bad memories from her. All that pain and fear. But I couldn't. Because she had to get better and I wasn't the right person to help her. Because she needed the help she could only get there. I really hoped she would understand that. But I wasn't so sure.

I was sitting in the office of the music school where most of my students would come. To some of them I would drive but I was happy many came to the music school.

I didn't get much sleep the last night because Lauren's words were echoing through my head and I realized how much I missed her. Before our phone call I tried to persuade myself that Lauren was fine. That she would get better and that she would come home soon. I pretended that everything was fine. But after that call I was scared.

"Oh, hey! I'm a new teacher here" someone suddenly said distracting me from my thoughts. I looked up from my paperwork.

A guy about my age stood in front of the desk smiling widely at me. He had short blond hair and his eyes were so green that they reminded me of meadow in early summer. Like that flowery meadow my sisters and I used to play when we were little. Those times were perfect. I couldn't stop myself from staring at him.

"Hey! Nice to meet you. I'm Lisa" I introduced myself and then I tried not to stare at him too much because that was awkward.

His smile got wider.

"I'm Toby. It's nice to meet you, too, Lisa!" His eyes shined so bright.

"So which instruments do you teach?"

"I do vocal coach and piano and drum lessons" I explained.

"Wow you must be really talented" he said.

He tough the saxophone and the guitar which were instruments I really liked. We talked about playing instruments and making music because we both loved getting into another world with it, we loved that once you played or listened to some music everything could be okay. He thought about it the same way I did. And that was what fascinated me the most. But when I looked to the clock I realized that my first lesson already started.

"Oh, I have to go now" I said.

"Sure. My first lessons also starts soon. But maybe you want to go eat something later?"

I smiled. My heart jumped a little faster than usual. "Sure. I'm free at four."

"Then we have a date" he said and smirked.

I hesitated.

"I would call it going out for lunch with workmates." I explained and smiled.

"Nah. But I'm okay with that." He winked while I walked past him. But I couldn't stop myself from smiling like a foul walking to my first student.

"Why do you smile so creepy?" Mara my nine year old student asked while I walked into the room. She sat at the piano looking at me strangely.

"Nothing" I said a few octaves too high.

"Sure. I bet it's because of that new teacher. Am I right?"

I smiled at her.

"So, let's start." I said. And Mara rolled her eyes.

Normally I loved teaching but that day it seemed like it would never end. I just wanted the clock to turn to four pm.

When my last student left Toby was already waiting for me at the office. He smiled at me.

"Ready?" He asked and I nodded. Then we went to a restaurant which was next to the music school.

Lauren's POV

I sat on a bench near a large window, staring outside and thinking about my family. It's been so long since I was able to go out. They said they didn't trust me enough for letting me. Well, I wouldn't trust myself ether. 

Suddenly a boy who seemed to be a little older than me, sat down next to me and immediately my anxiety returned. Actually I wanted to run away, but I didn't want to look like a total freak.

"Hey, how are you?" the boy suddenly asked. I looked at him for a really short time. Then I looked down again. I didn't want to talk to him and so I stayed quiet.

"Don't you want to talk to me?" He asked. He got it.

"I'm Jess. April's son. You know, one of the manager. You know I don't see my Mom that often and so I thought I would visit her and live here for a week or two."

What kind of stupid idea was that? Living with some sick teenagers just to see his Mom? Okay, I understand that he must miss his Mom because she stayed so many nights here. Most of the people working in this camp had a room and stayed here for a few months. But why did he tell me that? It's not that I wanted to listen. He should just go. But he didn't.

"Hey, why won't you talk to me?"

I didn't answer. I just stood up and walked down that long corridor to my room. Then I closed my door behind me and shut everyone out. Again.

Yay, another chapter. I hope you like it! :) And what do you think about Toby and Jess? Thank you so incredibly much for reading, voting and commenting! :)