Chapter 28

First off. Thank you guys for reading the rewrite of this book, I genuinely hope you're enjoying it. Before you read this chapter, I just wanted to warn you that this chapter can be VERY TRIGGERING, especially if you're depressed or have even thought about suicide. 

I know there are many of us out there that may be depressed, or may have even gone through the things that have happened in this book, but I just want you guys to know that suicide isn't the answer. I know sometimes when things get tough, it may seem like you have nothing left, but I promise you things do get better and there is so much more out there to live for. I know a lot of us may have different believes, but whatever you believe in that helps you hang on to hope, KEEP BELIEVING IN THAT. Don't be afraid to talk to people, if you're feeling low, try and seek help, don't go through it alone. You'll be surprised once you realize that others may be feeling the same exact way once you finally decide to open up. If talking doesn't seem like it's for you, find some kind of release, whether it be writing , drawing, poetry, dancing, anything, embrace it. 

For everyone who has never experienced these kinds of feelings, I just want to give you guys a reminder to be kind. You never know what someone may be going through, and you never know the impact that simple kind words can have on someone. 

With that being said, thanks so much for reading and supporting this book. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter 

Jordan P.O.V 

The past few weeks I've been feeling pretty lousy. I've been trying to stay focused, going to school and going to work, but it's been so hard and I didn't know what to do anymore.  In the past three weeks, I've had four different phones and new numbers because Derek's been calling me nonstop. If that wasn't enough if he couldn't get in contact with me through my phone, he was all over my Instagram and Twitter, and he wouldn't stop sending me emails

I was leaving school, when my phone started ringing. I looked down and saw Trey's name but I didn't feel like talking so I let it go to voice mail. I threw all my stuff into the backseat of my car and as I was about to get into my car, I felt someone come up behind me and they stood a little too close. 

"Hey beautiful" they said an the sound of their voice made me cringe. 

"What are you doing here?" I stammered as I turned around becoming face to face with Derek. 

"You think just because you keep changing your number I wouldn't be able to track you down? You also think that little restraining order you have out against me was really gonna keep you safe?" he said as he caressed my face 

"Don't touch me" I slapped his hand away only for him to push me against the car and place a hand around my neck

"Stop it." he growled. "This is exactly what you get for getting me locked up" he said before opening the back door of my car and throwing me inside. He got in behind be me and began trying to pull my pants down but I wouldn't let him do it. I started screaming and kicking as much as I could and even though he still tried to restrain me, I wasn't giving up. Suddenly I heard a knock on the window before Derek got pulled out of the car. The car door behind me opened and someone forcefully pulled me out as well, and I looked up to see someone from campus security. I immediately clung on to the person and began crying as they asked me what was wrong. 

After about 10 minutes, I had finally calmed down enough to speak. I told them what happened, and told them that I had a restraining order out on Derek. They called the police and Derek was taken away for assault, attempted rape and violation of a restraining order. Once I felt as though I gained my composure I drove to Trey's house, but all I kept thinking about was how this was all too much for me. I didn't understand why any of this was happening to me at all