Chapter 19

Jordan P.O.V

I woke up in the morning to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 6:45, I had practice in a couple of hours so I decided to just wake up. Today was the day of our final showcase, and I was excited so I really couldn't sleep much anyway. I got up and did a little bit of stretching since I was a bit sore from last night's practice, then I took a shower, and pulled on some Adidas shorts and some Jordans. I grabbed my phone and my duffle bag and went out to the kitchen to find my mom making breakfast. 

"Mom?" I said completely shocked that she was here. I ran over to her and pulled her into a hug. 

"Hi munchkin!" she said laughing "I missed you so much baby" 

"I missed you more mom" I said as I started crying. I had so much fun here in LA but I couldn't lie, my mom being here would've made it a dozen times better. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I asked as she wiped my tears 

"Well, I wanted to surprise you. You really didn't think I would miss this big spectacular showcase now did you?" 

I smiled and started tearing again. My mom had really came around to the fact that I wanted to dance and knowing that I had her support made everything ten times better. 

"Here, have some food before you go off to class" 

"Momma Tiffany" Monroe said coming out of her room "Hey girl" she said running to my mom. I laughed watching them talk to each other. Whenever Monroe was with my mom, my mom acted just like she was the third musketeer.  

We sat and talked for a while until it was time for us to leave. I gave my mom a kiss and headed out the door "See you later mom" I said leaving. 

At around 3 in the afternoon we returned home from practice and decided to take a much needed nap before we got ready for the show. When I got back up, I packed all my outfits I needed, took a shower and then did my make up and hair. I left it curly since I knew I would end up sweating it out during the show. Once I finished my hair and make up, I threw on something quick and comfortable. 

"Jordan!" I heard my mom calling from the kitchen

"Yes Mom?" I called 

"Come here, there's something here for you" 

I walked out  of my room, and saw a huge bouquet of roses sitting on the living room table. 

"Aww" I smiled walking toward it, there was also a teddy bear, chocolate and a card. I picked up the card and opened it

Hey beautiful. I wish I could be there to see you tonight, but I know you're gonna kill it. Here's a little something to let you know I was thinking about you. 4 dozen blue roses, for the 48 days you've made my life amazing. Good luck tonight