~Sweet Moments~

"The Story of Us"
Chapter 2🌹

     Like I said, I knew it wasn't going to be what I was expecting. The lights went dark and music started playing. I saw Lexi walking towards a bunch of people and decided to follow. I didn't know any of them. I only knew Lexi. I was scared and nervous. It was only about 10 minutes into the dance and my feet already felt like they were about to fall off. Lexi was going all over the place, and I was her shadow. I was confused and for some Lexi seemed stressed. I already felt awkward and like I didn't belong, but what made it all worse is when Lexi turned around looked me right in the eyes and said, "Could you stop?" My heart immediately sank. I didn't blame her though. I kept telling myself that it wasn't supposed to mean anything.
     After that, I did what any normal person would do. I felt alone, so why not be alone? I walked to the bleachers that had been pushed back into the wall when they weren't being used and slid my back down them until I was in a sitting position. I started looking around at all these people. Everyone was having a good time and talking with their friends. I quietly sat there thinking and looking at everyone else who seemed so happy.
     My thoughts were interrupted by Lexi walking my way. I hadn't noticed this until she sat down, but she was crying. I couldn't believe my eyes. She seemed so tough. I asked if she was ok and she just nodded and kind of ignored me. She just looked down , crying. I realized that maybe I wasn't so alone. I looked at her and so many thoughts were running through my mind. I just looked up at her and asked, "Lexi, do you hate me?" She shook her head no and started whiling her tears. When she said no i felt something. Like, relief almost. I didn't know what to think. That's the first time she had ever shown any signs of liking me. After that, she showed a few more signs of liking me. They were sweet, but random. They happened little at a time. When we went to 4-H camp for four days in March is when most of those times happened. We shared a room with two other girls. There was Maddie, a girl who I had just met that day. And Maryn, the girl Lexi had been talking to in front of her on the first day of school. In the tiny room there were four bunks. Two on each side of the room. Me and Lexi were going to stay on one side, and Maryn and Maddie on the other.
     One day of 4-H was one of my favorite memories with Lexi. We had just gone to this huge seating area to see all different types of birds and learn about their species. Me and Lexi were just about to leave. We heard a couple of teachers yelling at everyone to stay with our groups. We started looking for Maryn's mom and Maddie and Maryn and we panicked. We realized that they had left us. We immediately panicked. Well, Lexi did. I honestly wasn't that worried. We knew where the cabins were. We were following everyone, when all of the sudden Lexi grabs my hand. She starts running. I was being dragged by my hand back to our cabin. I didn't care one bit. I was happy. Maybe she does like me??