20. He Just Kissed You

Myra, Newt, Tina, Jacob, and Queenie all stood on a rooftop underneath a large SQUIRE'S sign. From where they stood on the edge, the blonde had a clear view of the chaos going on below them.

"Jeez..." Jacob breathed, "Is that the obscuria-thing?"

Sirens continued to sound throughout the night as Myra stared, registering the scale of the destruction, "That's more powerful than any obscurial I have ever heard of..." her Echo trailed off into a contemplative silence.

A particularly loud explosion sounded from a distance away, the city beneath them beginning to burn. The witch looked over at her Echo, who seemed to be coming to a conclusion.

The brunette pushed his case into her arms and took a journal from his pocket, "If I don't come back, look after my creatures," Myra's eyes widened, "Everything you need to know is in there."

Newt handed the blonde his jounal, barely even able to make eye contact with her, "What?"

"They're not killing it," he looked away from her and back toward the obscurus.

The wizard turned around and braced himself as if he were about to jump off the building... but then he hesitated... and then turned back to her... and bent down... and closed the gap between them.

Myra stiffened in shock, Newt, her Echo, was kissing her. By the time she had relaxed into the kiss, he had pulled away and was jumping off of the building then disapparating.

The blonde blinked, dumbfounded, "What just happened."

"I'm pretty sure he just kissed you," Queenie sounded just as surprised as Myra did.

The blonde took in a deep breath as she made up her mind. She pushed the case into Queenie's arms, "You heard what he said. Please take care of them."

"Do you have a death wish?" Tina exclaimed.

"He's my Echo," Myra told her even though she knew that the brunette wouldn't understand and disapparated.

The blonde apparated into Times square, where she spotted Newt, who was hidden behind a fallen car, "Newt!"

"Myra?" Newt's eyes caught hers from where she was crouched behind a car across the street from him.

"I wasn't going to let you get yourself killed," She replied creeping over to where her Echo was, "do you know who the obscurial is?"

"It's the Second Salem boy."

"Credence?"

Newt let out a yelp of pain, yanking something out of his inner coat pocket and dropping it on the ground. It was that Hawthorn wand, the metal, obscurus bit glowing red with heat. Myra tilted her head at it and looked up at the Obscurial, then back down at the wand, then back to the Obscurial.

"Think you can stall Graves for a few minutes?"

"I think so," Newt seemed hesitant, but made to go distract the auror standing at the end of the road.

Myra dipped down and picked up the wand, flinching when it burned her hand. She quickly shoved it in her pocket and started to run after Credence.

We finally got a Newra kiss! The ship name is courtesy of @realKrampus, who is extremely sweet and comments on every chapter with something nice to say. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you all have a great week. See you all on Friday with chapter 21.
~ Aria