| CHAPTER THREE |

—

"Can you do something for me?"

As soon as the words left her father's mouth, she knew what her answer would be: "Yes, of course. What is it?" He said nothing for a few seconds, which made her silently worry about his upcoming wish.

"Mr. Han... He's a good man," Driver Kim trailed off, and that statement alone brought many questions into the young girl's mind. The first thing being marriage, because her parents just loved to talk about that, but the thought of marrying her father's boss made her uncomfortable, so she shook it away from her mind.

"Your boss?" she asked, wanting him to elaborate. He nodded to confirm her question, and took a deep breath before asking something that she probably wouldn't be too thrilled about.

"Will you drive him to his next meeting?"

"What?" she said not long after he asked the question. Her eyebrows furrowed together to show her confusion at his random request. [Y/N] was not a chauffeur. Would she even be qualified to drive someone as important as Jumin Han?

Driver Kim continued, "There isn't anyone to take him to his next business meeting, and it's an important one. I know you aren't a chauffeuse—"

"Chauffeuse?" she questioned the word not yet in her vocabulary, accidentally interrupting her father during his explanation, but he was unaffected and explained further.

"Female chauffeur. But, you're here, your driving skills are amazing—thanks to me—and it's urgent. So will you?" he asked, and she thought to herself quietly for a moment, wondering to herself why her help was necessary.

"Why can't he just drive himself?" Driver Kim laughed at the mere thought of the corporate heir driving himself to a business meeting.

"Well, one, he is a terrible driver. Absolutely horrendous," he explained with pure amusement in his voice. "And two, our car was totaled in the accident, so he doesn't have a way to get there. So will you? For your injured father?" he asked once again with a pleading tone, and she hesitated.

[Y/N] was taken back by the sudden request, and struggled to find an answer. She couldn't possibly say no to her father as he sat there with a hopeful look in his eye, but she had school tomorrow; she couldn't just drive him around for the hell of it. It was bad enough that she missed all of her classes today. "I—I—"

"Driver Kim?" A deep voice suddenly interrupted her from her confused thoughts, and both [Y/N] and her father turned to the room's opening to find the one and only Jumin Han, standing there with multiple containers of Indian food for the injured man.

"Ah, Mr. Han," Driver Kim greeted with a smile towards his young boss, and [Y/N] stayed silent, watching their quick interaction.

"I have come with food," Jumin said, letting himself in, and her father's eyes brightened at the familiar logo of his favorite—yet, expensive—restaurant.