Chapter twenty-three

"Thank you so much President Paylor." I say shaking hands with her.
"My pleasure, Peeta shouldn't be treated like that."
"I agree, I'm going to sue."
"I'll be at court with you." She smiles.
"Thank you." I say smiling.
She nods at me and lets go of my hand. She walks into a black car and is drove away.
I sit on the edge of the curve. So many cars go by. I hear the wind go threw the trees lined up on the sidewalk. I look at my brown boots. My shoelaces are undone. I tie them. When I go hunting Peeta always ties them for me because when he ties them they never fall out. He always double knots them. His double knots are really good. Mine are horrible, even double knotting them doesn't keep them in. So I had Peeta do it.
I tie my shoes for the second time and stand up.
I see my mother yelling at a doctor inside. Haymitch is standing next to her.
I walk inside.
"And if this is how you treat people who have as mental trauma as that boy then you should be shutdown." My mother says throwing her hands up in the air. I smile.
"That boy has been threw the worst and has come to your hospital to try to heal more, not get more trauma!"
"Sir we had no idea what was going on down there, I can assure you."
"It's see threw glass!! There were doctors and nurses down there!! How could no one report it?!?!"
"Paylor and I are taking you to court." I say and they all look at me. "Your going to pay for it, with everything you've got."

My feet run as fast as they can go. I'm running down a white hallway with my mother and Haymitch trying to helplessly catch up with me.
I push past doctors and nurses. I trip and fall. I hit the ground and stand right back up again and keep running. I make it to the end of the hallway and see a elevator and stairs.
"Come on Katniss in the elevator." Haymitch says trying to catch his breathe.
"Stairs will be quicker." I say and open the door to the stairs.
I hear Haymitch sigh.
I run up the steps and get to the door. I open it and run even faster down the hallway.
I see the room I'm looking for. I open the door and Peeta lies in his bed sleeping. I sit in the chair next to him. I kiss his forehead and pick up his hand. His arm has tubes in. He wears a wristband.
Peeta Mellark
Gender: Male
Age: 19
"I'm going to make them pay for hurting you." I say as a tear goes down my cheek. "Your beautiful blonde hair, your blue eyes, I missed them so much."
My mother and Haymitch walk in.
"He's sleeping." I say brushing a blonde curl out of his face.
My mother and Haymitch sit down on a couch in the corner of the room.
After two hours of watching tv later Peeta starts to wake up.
He rolls over and pulls his hand out of my grasp. His eyes flicker open and back closed.
He rolls back over to my side of the bed. His eyes open and they look right at me.
"Katniss?"
"Yes, it's me."
His eyes are back to the normal blue.
He sits up in his bed and rubs his eyes. He looks at me.
"I'm so sorry.." I say but I cut him off as I press my lips to his. It's takes hims a minute to kiss back but he does. I let go.
"Katniss I just wanted to protect you!!" He cries looking at me.
"You left me in love, and I came to get you in love."
"Katniss we can't be together, not after what I did to you." He says and I see my mother look up from her book.
"Look at me Peeta, I'm fine."
"But I could of really hurt you."
"But you didn't."
"Katniss.."
"You always snap out of it before you really hurt me."
"But.."
"You leaving me was more pain then any physical pain you do to me."
"Awe, Katniss." He says looking at me right in the eyes.
"I love you." I cry. My mother puts down her book.
He places his hand on my cheek.
"I love you too." He says.
"I've lost you to many times and I'm not losing you again, you are my soulmate Peeta."
He looks at with me wide eyes.
"I'm never leaving you again. Your my soulmate."

"Are you ready to go?" I ask as Peeta comes out of the bathroom. I slept over at the hospital last night.
"Yeah I'm ready to get out of here." He says smiling. His eyes have turned back to his beautiful blue ones. My mother and Haymitch are eating breakfast down in the cafeteria.
He takes my hand and we walk out of the hospital room. We take the elevator down the lobby. We check out and wait for my mother and Haymitch to meet us at the door.
"Good morning Peeta." My mother says smiling.
"Good morning Mrs. Everdeen." Peeta says smiling.
"Peeta did they give you any medications?" I ask.
"All they said was to keep taking the pills Dr. Aurlis already gave me."
"Okay."
I look into his eyes.
"I love you"
"I love you too."
I lean in and our lips connect.
"Haymitch why did you put your hand over my eyes!?!?" My mother screams.
"You'll thank me later." He chuckles. We lean against the wall and keep kissing.
"Haymitch if you don't take your hand off my eyes right now.. What could possibly be going on out there?"
"Oh my gosh!!" My mother screams. I break away from Peeta and see my mother jaw dropped and Haymitch just bursting out laughing.
Peeta stand there in complete embarrassment. His cheeks turned the color of a fire truck.
"Katniss, oh my gosh."
"Hey mom how do you like this?"
I look at Peeta who looks at me as starts mouthing 'No.'
I grab his face and connect my lips to his and push him against the wall.
I hear Haymitch laughing up a storm.
I let go and Peeta's smirking.
"Remember when she didn't even know her feelings toward me?"