"Hello? Louis? Are you already at the house? Is there a problem?"

"Well, technically there is a problem sir. But we're not at the house."

"What's the problem?"

Louis heard shuffling on Christian's side and a faint 'take it all down'. He saw Liam cradle Niall in his arms as the boy showed nothing but fear for his best friend, and he really felt chills ran up and down his arms.

"Sir, we don't know where Harry is."

There was a long silence. He checked to see if the call had disconnected but it was still running.

"Si..."

"Have you tried calling him?"

"His phone's off."

"Have you searched everywhere?"

"Niall saw him run out of the building and was unable to catch up to him. The compound is practically almost empty and Harry always sends a text if a teacher holds him back."

Christian let out an exasperated sigh. Louis heard him shout for his assistant, James, but there was no response.

"Where the hell is this guy? He's always disappearing on me. Listen. Go to the house. See if he comes back within the hour. I'll be there."

"Ok."

He cut the call and rubbed his face in frustration. Then he groaned and let out a breathe as he relaxed himself. He opened the back door for Niall and Liam, who were grateful. He went over to the driver's side and changed the driving mode. (He was shorter than Liam, so he needed the seat lifted). He turned on the car and placed his hands on the wheel. But he didn't start to drive.

"You know, for a long time this year, I've been able to feel most of Harry's emotions at diferent moments. Today it was just sadness. Right now, it's just nothing."

He shook his head slowly and started to drive out of the parking lot to the Styles' residence. Niall and Liam didn't even know how to reply to that because the thought of Louis not feeling anything from Harry was so unwelcomed in their troubled minds.

They got to the house in record time and Louis hesitated before going in. He wanted to be able to believe that Harry probably walked home and was making them something to eat as a huge surprise or something on the scale of Harry. Niall hooked his arm around Louis' and the three walked in.

They were met by barking and loud footsteps. Sparky raced down the stairs to greet them but stopped a few feet from them. The dog looked between the three, clearly not seeing Harry and let out a confused noise, cocking his head to the side.

And that gave it away.

Harry hadn't come to the house. Meaning he'd been MIA for almost an hour and a half. Louis pinched the bridge of his nose and led the way to Harry's room. Everything was so neat and in-order, just how Harry liked it. Louis lay on the boy's bed and hugged the teddy bear he made for him almost two years earlier.

He refused to cry even as he heard soft sniffles from the cute pink sofa Harry had in his room, and he knew they were Niall's. He refused to cry even as he watched the clock on Harry's bedside table that had a picture of the four of them and Christian on one side and the other was of him and the boy laying on the grass with Harry above him and their smiles were full of so much love. He refused to cry even as seconds turned to minutes. And minutes to hours. And it was dark out.

 And it was dark out