Chapter 14 | Draco vs. Ronald

Start from the beginning

A pregnant silence had evaded the moment, for all but two seconds as these hurtful thoughts sunk in. But the reality of the situation was soon set in as the scene before me played out.

As if in slow motion, I watched as Draco's large fist swung forward and made instant contact with Ron jaw. With the sudden hard impact, Ron had nearly lost his balance as well as consciousness and I could have sworn I heard a painful crack. Wands were not drawn, but fists were. When Ron came to and straightened up, Draco waisted no time as his fist yet again made contact with Ron's face. This time hitting his nose, and instantly breaking it.

I stood in shock at the scene before me, dazed at what is happening before my very eyes. However a sudden pride and joy, ruled over the pain and heartache that previously crippled my heart, and a small smile tugged at my lips. Draco Lucious Malfoy, just slugged Ronald Weasley in my defense. . .Sweet Merlin.

Ron grunted and cursed as he held his broken nose as it gushed blood. But his anger consumed him, and he swung back aiming for Draco's jaw. Draco dodged Rons attempt to punch him by ducking, however the second swing Ron threw hit Draco square on his right upper cheek.

A small gasp escapes my lips, and my heart plummeted as I looked upon Ron starting to pummel him, and before I knew it I had thrown myself in the mix. In a desperate attempt to stop them from fighting, I pulled at Ron, practically jumping on his back, my arm around his neck throwing my body weight into it to yank him off of Draco

"NO! STOP IT! BOTH OF YOU!" I yell as I continue trying my damnedest to get him off of my Draco. However Draco held his own, landing more punches then taking them. The both of them didn't falter. Fists were still being thrown at each other in any place either could reach, both doing equally immense damage to the other.

I reached my other arm around and latch it as well around Rons neck, trying to pull him off of Draco, pulling at his hair in the process. Rons hand reached up to try and tug my arms from around his neck to stop me from chocking him. Wishing to god that he would black out. I'd hate to use magic in the fear of hurting Draco even more in the process. I couldn't risk it. . .

"Bitch!" Ron growls at me. He whips around roughly, desperately trying to get me off of him. Unfortunately for me he found the strength and yanked hard enough on my right arm to swing me around and threw me to the ground. With my fall, I hit my head against the cold ground, my vision blurring and slightly fading to black.

Seeing spots of color and mostly black, I whimper as I reach up and feel a slight liquid on my fingers and realize it's blood. But I hear gasps and my name being called by a smooth, masculine familiar voice. The black started to fade and light started to appear. I could see a blurry, bloody and bruised Draco leaning over me.

"Hermione baby it's gonna be ok. . .im here love. I'll fix you. . . I promise." He cooed to me. And immense pain shot through the back of my head, but my focus was now on Draco.

I could hear Harry yelling for people to move, and demanding to know what the hell was going on, as well as a frantic blur of long red hair coming towards us. Even with my best friends arrival, my full and upmost attention was on the beautifully beaten man in front of me.

Mortified and shocked by his haggard appearance I held back a gasp, but panic took place as I took in every inch of him. His right eye was busted, and blood ran down his face which was already turning purple in places from impact. Swollen bottom lip with it sporting a cut as well. Blood tainting his perfect white blonde hair from either victim. Sweet Merlin.

Taking notice of where my eyes last examined, he ran a bloody hand through his hair. "Draco. . . You look-"

"I know. I don't care. Are you alright? Do you hurt?" He questioned cupping my face with one of his hands, while the other was skimming my body for injuries.