Chapter 1 : The Double "L" Richardson

Sometimes siblings can get in each other's space - Gisele Bundchen

"Leon! Where is my phone? Did you try to change my Facebook profile picture?! I swear I'll break your finger if you dare to mess it again like last year!"

That's me, Leah Richardson, Leon's sister or should I say his fraternal twins. We share the same hazel eyes, black hair, olive skin, slim and slender build and a little bit of Asian looks (we got it from our mom). Me and Leon are always fighting and screaming to each other whenever we have the chance. Yeah. Even though both of us act like we hate each other but in the end we just forgive and forget and tag along just well.

"Hey! I'm not interested in you social life, okay. Why would I steal your phone just to change your profile picture? It just sooooo not me. If I'm ever trying to make you mad, I just have to put your phone inside my gym's sock and let it soak the aroma to the fullest."

*chuckles*

Yeah. That's Leon Richardson, my other half or should I say the "evil" version of me, the devil himself.

Gym socks?No way. This got to be a joke right? I quickly run into the laundry room and search for my phone inside his gym bag but his bag is empty. I saw the washing machine is on and my brain already knew that my phone is inside the machine. I pause the machine and emptied it. There it is. My beloved phone. Full with bubbles.
...............................

*silence*

"Ooh sis please don't be mad at me anymore. I'm sorry that your phone is broken but let's look it at the bright side, now your phone look like new, well polished and smells good too," says Leon, trying to be funny while hugging my waist from behind.

I just shrug his arms off and keep on stomping my feet marching towards my room. I don't have the mood to talk to him. My phone is actually like my heart. When I lost it, I lost a part of myself. How could he be so carefree and pretending like it was nothing? I will not forgive him. He has cross the line.

I throw myself on my bed and trying to get asleep. Not so long after that, I feel like something fell onto my bed cause me to scream a little. There he is. Laying beside me with a smile on his face. I shoved him out of my bed and keep on the silent treatment towards him.

"Sis, I know I had make a big mistake today. I don't know how I can have your forgiveness. Maybe this would help a little," says Leon while putting his phone on my bed.

"I love you sis. That's why I couldn't stand to watch you sad. Please take my phone and use it. I don't need it. I just need you in my life. Your laugh, your scream, your voice, that's all that I need. Please don't stay mad at me."

There is tears in Leon's eyes. I can feel his sincerity. At last, I surrender to his glassy eyes and hug him tightly.

"I forgave you."

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Ask Leon.
"I miss the old days."

"Sure. Come here!" I welcomed him with a smile and more hugs.
...........................

Me and Leon living a different life. Leon is a soccer player in Duke University (I just making this up.) Even though he has a small body, (due to our Asian blood) he is quite a hero on the field (from what I heard). I never had a chance to watch him perform in his game. He maybe a hero on the field but in class, he just below average. He just manage to get into college because of his sport's scholarship.

In the other hand, I, who was born with the gift of a smart brain, manage to get a spot in University of Sacramento in Biochemical Engineering. Last week was my graduation day. I'm done with my study. Maybe I'll look for a decent job near my brother college so that I can keep my eyes on him. Who knows what that moron will do if I ever take my eyes off him. He is such a pain in the ass. One of a kind.

We only have each other. Our parents died in a plane crash when we were 18. Since then, our wealthy uncle offered us to stay in one of his apartment and gave us allowance every month in exchange that we will never bother to see him or staying with him. He didn't like us. For him, we were a disgrace and a burden to his family. It's all because his only sister, which was our mother, got pregnant and elope with our father in such at young age. Our uncle thinks that our father brings bad luck to his family/his sister. Since then, we just continue living as strangers.

I brush Leon's hair and kiss his forehead. Boy. I just don't know how much I love him, missing him. Being a year apart was too much to handle. I know that he feels the same. That's why he always trying to get into my nerves. Oh Leon! What would I do if you ever leave me?

*snore*

What the..Oh boy. How will I get to fall asleep when he is so loud like this? You are torturing me even though you are in your sleep, didn't you?

*chuckles*

I leaned my body next to him and whispered, "Leon, I will always be your sunshine. My smiles are just for you. My eyes only looking at you."

I paused. I can't continue my words. My throat feel dry. I swallowed my saliva. His smells are tempting. I know this is wrong. I should not have falling in love with my own brother. It would be an incest. I had struggling to block this feeling for almost a year. Tonight I feel weak. I can't control the urge wanted to be held by him. What should I do? I don't want him to hate me. Ooh God! Please save me. Let this feeling goes away.

I give him a peck on his pink lips. I pull my blanket up and close my eyes. I hope there will always be sunshine for both of us in the future. Slowly I'm falling in a deep sleep.